Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by limdis on Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 am
([msg=80598]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I thought I recognized your handle. Welcome back :geek:
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by LordSyn on Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 am
([msg=80601]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

limdis wrote:I thought I recognized your handle. Welcome back :geek:

Thanks, Its been a long while But now that I'm out of the Military and working a normal job I have a bit more time to hang out in the dark reaches of cyberspace. :)
LordSyn
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu May 08, 2014 4:35 pm
([msg=80608]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

LordSyn wrote:I have a bit more time to hang out in the dark reaches of cyberspace. :)

Dark reaches of cyberspace? Nah, you must have confused HTS with other people, it's very clear(net) here. :roll:
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by LordSyn on Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm
([msg=80611]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

True were not talking about having to route through Tor.
LordSyn
New User
New User

Post by D-McK on Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 pm
([msg=80655]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 17.
I am teaching myself guitar, music production, and german right now; soon I'll be taking up MMA classes. Those are the things I incorporate into my daily routine, I also play a lot of xbox and have friends lol.

I honestly don't know ANYTHING about hacking, and this really seems like a useful tool I want to add to my repertoire; tips on where to start will be appreciated!
D-McK
New User
New User

Post by ant100 on Wed May 21, 2014 2:27 pm
([msg=80869]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey,

I'm 24, I work as a web developer intern for 40 hours a week and I also study for 20 hours a week. I don't earn much and have very little time so I'm kind of poor. Being a web developer I know some php, html and css, and recently I've been learning javascript, but that's as far as my programming skills go. I look forward to learning more.

I also think this site is great, I've done a couple challenges already, and even though it were only basics, I've learned a couple new things so far. I'm quite excited about it. :)
ant100
New User
New User

Post by xyrem on Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 pm
([msg=81037]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey!

I suppose I should drop a post here before I do anything else. Not sure really what to say - I'm 23, I'm a college student (would have graduated already, but got sick and fell behind), and I am a voracious learner when it comes to all things computers, especially security. I figured the best way for me to learn more is to have hands on experience, so I came here. Besides learning, I wanted to get involved in a community of people with similar interests. In my free time, I play video games constantly, these days mostly Guild Wars 2. I hope to get to know everyone, and learn a lot of cool stuff.
xyrem
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Wed May 28, 2014 5:39 pm
([msg=81038]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Been a bit since someone said this. Welcome everyone.

@xyrem, your avatar is hilarious and it pleases me.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by davidica on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm
([msg=81168]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi,

I'm 14, I'm very new to this hacking things better said I don't have any idea about how to do it but I like it very much I would like to learn from you guys and help others with it. I came to your's site becouse I heard you could help me. I don't know where to start but i heard i should study the HTML first. In my free time I play computer games and hang out with friends but I really want to learn this cool art named hacking. Thanks :D
davidica
New User
New User

Post by Nemuri on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 pm
([msg=81203]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi

I have recently been introduced to this site by a fellow student. I have slowly but steadily been completing missions and thought it was time to introduce myself. I am a 23 year old computer science student from Denmark currently finishing up my bachelor degree. In regards to programming capabilities I'm well versed in Java. I also have some knowledge in web development, as well as some functional languages (scheme, SML). My main interests are in computer security and starting this august I will be beginning my masters degree in computer science with focus on security. I hope to learn something from this site and maybe eventually contribute.

Nice to meet you.
Nemuri
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone