Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by gyrfalcongirl55 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:10 pm
([msg=80073]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey, everyone! I'm gyr, the epitome of the script kiddie, only 15 years old. I joined here because I started notching how utterly saturated my life was with computers and technology, and how little I actually understood about them. I'm very interested in the ideals, culture, and consequences of hacking, but I barely understand anything of the actual mechanical skills. I'm striving to change that.

Working may way through the basics as we speak, trying to work up to the interesting stuff...
gyrfalcongirl55
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by SKeR Hacking on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:17 pm
([msg=80122]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello my name is Mason AKA SKeR! I am 13 years of age, very athletic and smart. I enjoy all sports but I love baseball the most. No, I am not lazy. I spend about 30 minutes a day on my computer but in the free time I am on my phone (Like I am now). I am new to hacking. I am focused on learning the skill to hack online pc games like Roblox.com and other online games. Once I master this skill, I will sell online pc game hacks to the public.
SKeR Hacking
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:31 am
([msg=80136]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

SKeR Hacking wrote:I am focused on learning the skill to hack online pc games like Roblox.com and other online games. Once I master this skill, I will sell online pc game hacks to the public.

You probably know that is illegal and you probably know HTS doesn't support illegal stuff. I'd advice you not to ask anyone here to help you with that. But you'll find that out soon enough.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LithobatesGNU on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:24 pm
([msg=80232]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Sup guys :)
It's been ages since I've gone on a forum using phpbb - brings back memories. As I can see, this is an overused thread and there is a high chance that only a small portion of the users that come here to welcome the newcomers. So much for the "He looks alright" :P
These comments aside, I should present myself. I will not break the pseudo-veil of anonymity of the internet and follow with vague enough info so that you get a good grasp of what I am rather than who I am.
Alright.
I'm LithobatesGNU, freshman in Software Engineering at some University. That doesn't mean however that I have a lot of technical knowledge; I'm barely intermediate in a very few languages. I know:
Java (Intermediate)
HTML/CSS (intermediate)
JS (Beginner-Intermediate)
PHP (Beginner)
NASM (Horribly beginner).
I'm interested in Comp Sci mainly because I believe programming and computers are everyday's tools and knowing how to use them should be part of every core curriculum. I also believe programming is marvellous in its ability to bring solutions in almost any domain be it management, economics, health, government, etc. And that is a good motivation for me. Because I want to bring change, to improve my society and our lives, and all of this starts with the right ideas and the right tools.
My goal as a programmer is to work one day in Personal AI development before we reach Rey Kurzweil's Singularity. I can't help but dream of the day where we will be able to create a sensible being that will be able to behave ethically in society and learn along with us, since this entails that we may will have succeeded in creating a universal model of ethics.
As you can see, for me there is more to hacking (in the broader meaning) than simply knowledge (or illegal political hack). And there is also more to my life than simply being a programmer.
My goals as an individual are different; I am very politicized and I want to work towards the advancement of society and humanity with the tools I have.
My interests are politics, activism, philosophy, programming, innovation, martial arts, alternative/green lifestyles, gardening.

My reasons for coming here? This place seems thrilling compared to my classrooms. I expect to learn much faster.
I'd also be interested in discussing with you guys about whatever subject you may come up with. You surely have a different worldview than mine, and it makes discussions all the more interesting. I don't expect to be very active on the forum, so if you want a chat you can PM me and I'll join you in the topic of your choice ;)

Anyway, talked too much.
Hope to have interesting interactions with the community!
LithobatesGNU
LithobatesGNU
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:56 pm
([msg=80233]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Let's defy that expectation: welcome :D
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LithobatesGNU on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:58 pm
([msg=80234]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Thanks cyberdrain :)
LithobatesGNU
New User
New User

Post by TriangleBangle on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 pm
([msg=80250]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I don't believe in big introductions
I'm 14
I'm here to learn
I attend school, I have great memory skills
I have basic knowledge of HTML
I have made the choice to move from gaming to understanding everything about programming and hacking, it is the inevitable future of our world
I'm quite the nice person if you get to know me, and I hope age means nothing to most you nice people :)
TriangleBangle
New User
New User

Post by Huurpez on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:50 am
([msg=80260]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Introduction:
Huurpez
Computer Science major
Full time student
Narcoleptic, what is a sleep schedule?
Both of my parents are deaf, which is just a fun fact.
Programming is all I've ever been passionate about. I want to learn anything and everything, which is a blessing and a curse.
Adept in Java and Python
I believe that a strong understanding of some of the things I "shouldn't be learning" is very beneficial to have along with a CS degree. Couldn't find a place to start, but I guess I just found it.
Huurpez
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:53 am
([msg=80261]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

TriangleBangle wrote:I'm 14 ...\... and I hope age means nothing to most you nice people :)

You should read the Hacker Manifesto, you won't be judged by age here. In my opinion: anyone that will, shows theirs.

"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for."
-- excerpt of the Hacker Manifesto --

Huurpez wrote:I believe that a strong understanding of some of the things I "shouldn't be learning" is very beneficial to have along with a CS degree.

It's the use, not the tools that make something illegal, so you definitely should be learning all you can :)
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GooGi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm
([msg=80266]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi Guys,
My name is Andrea and I just turned 20 :D
I spend way too much of my time on the computer so why not figure out how it all works?
I learn pretty quickly so I don't think I'll have a lot of questions.
After looking around for a few hours I found this site. I think I'm going to be using this site for sometime to come, I absolutely love the challenge aspect.
Hogwarts of hacking? :p
I've read a few articles on HTML and i started doing the basic challenges... This turned into a biography...
Bottom line
I'm here to learn and hopefully make a few friends.

~GooGi
GooGi
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone