Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by bipolar_bear on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:18 pm
([msg=77933]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

HI GUYS!

Everyone's favorite bear has just arrived (Winnie the Who?) and I'm here to learn! I've been tinkering with software since high school (my dad is an engineer who got me started off with LibertyBASIC, then I moved on to Python and C++) and I've enjoyed it ever since. Admittedly though, I must confess that I enjoy playing with things and then breaking them just to see if I can :oops:. I'm halfway through a BS in software engineering (focusing mainly on OOPS) and am REALLY looking forward to next semester [hehe when I save up the money, that is] where the semester's teachings are based on OS principles and we each have to write an OS from scratch that we can use to replace whatever our systems are running.

I like long walks on the beach, cuddling in front of a fire with the latest in the 50 Shades of Grey series, and Belgian chocolates after brunch wilderness survival camping for months at a time, killing baby seals with my bare hands, and other manly stuff.

While I've got a really solid background in C++, I'm definitely here to learn and can't wait to get started with you folks! Thanks!
The higher up you go, the harder it is to tell the good guys from the bad guys. As for me, I guess you could call me a "concerned third party".
bipolar_bear
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Percival on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:52 am
([msg=78122]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi!

I ended up on this website last summer, researching about forensics. I became fascinated with the concept of the Challenges, the work and the community behind them. I started them, but quickly forgot about the site. I'm like that :roll: I've been busy with stuff that kept me from learning, and that sucks.

Anyway, a few months later I've came back, and I've been looking around the forums and challenges for a week. And this site just feels right. I really like this kind of community, I want to become part of it and to contribute to it. I'm trying my best to finish the challenges without searching hints or asking, as I don't want to become a skiddie.

See you around!
Percival
New User
New User

Post by RugbyRodney on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:21 am
([msg=78132]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey all,

New to this site, and new to the operation in general. I've always been fascinated with the idea of hacking, but never saw it as a realistic possibility, until one of my friends told me about Pen Testing. I was hooked. My plan is to learn as much as I can and, and get into the pen testing/white hat industry.

I look forward to chatting with all of you and gaining experience from the vast knowledge available on this site

Here goes nothing!
RugbyRodney
New User
New User

Post by SprawlUlfr on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 pm
([msg=78134]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi!

I'm new to this site (Obviously), I've always been interested in this sort of stuff and I feel now is the right time.
Work a bunch, school a bit, life a lot.
I'm looking for cool friends here to help (Not answer or carry me through) and simply chat with.
Currently learning what I can about Linux and enjoying it.

I guess the main thing is I'm looking for friends in the 'hacking' community... message me, I'm a novice but I'd love to try things and such... I'm friendly and I'm excited to meet people!
“The future is already here. It's just unevenly distributed.”

― William Gibson, Neuromancer
SprawlUlfr
New User
New User

Post by JodyJ on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:46 am
([msg=78146]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi names Jody 25 really really new to this but always had a interest.... Guys don't pick on me too much. Jus trying to see where this goes.. Imma fast learner so I should be able to keep up fairly well :oops:
JodyJ
New User
New User

Post by Mydisgrace on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 am
([msg=78177]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi!

I am new to this version of the site. I am back from HtS v1. I am older now and have a better understanding of what I am doing. I really can't wait to join this community and make some friends/partners. I am here to better understand what is going on in the world of hacking, and to help make the internet a more secure place for future generations.

If anyone shares my passion to tame the Wild West we live in please message me. Also if you have any advice for me I would enjoy the help

Mydisgrace
Mydisgrace
New User
New User

Post by desertscorpion on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 pm
([msg=78394]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone. Any time that I join a new forum I find that it is courteous to locate the "get to know you" topic and introduce yourself, so I shall endeavor to do just that.

I am 20 years old.
I am here because I would like to learn a new skill.
I am a dedicated person, I will not just start something here and then let it drop because it is "too hard".
I am a quick learner.
I am a college student studying Biology and Neuroscience.
I hope this pursuit will inspire me to hone my math skills to a previously unseen degree.

That is all I currently feel comfortable sharing, but I look forward to getting to know you (collectively) as time progresses, until then, cheers!

-Scorpion
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
desertscorpion
New User
New User

Who am I?

Post by Kitt3h on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 am
([msg=78446]see Who am I?[/msg])

Hello there, HTS seniors and newbies like myself

I am new here, because hacking interests me. I do not want to be a blue, white or black hat hacker, I simply want to know how. I'm considering becoming a white hat, as a serious career one day, working for a company. Scared of getting into trouble though. I hate black hat with everything in me, they cause so much unneeded trouble and hassle.

A little bit about myself: My real name is Neels, I love in a rural area in South Africa. We farm commercially, with bananas, papayas, and some sugar cane. I'm in home schooling, mainly because we live too far from a town, but also because I am very tired of mainstream, force fed, cloned pupils. IMO they are programming them to be all alike. In home schooling, I'm free to be myself, and I learn way more interesting stuff than the shit they teach in mainstream schools. My average is pretty good, I consider myself clever. Not bragging, it's just a fact.

I'm an introvert, and pretty lonely.. Because I'm above average intelligent, I bore people. I hate big crowds, and especially malls make me want to GTFO with all my heart. I like people, but the average person around here isn't exactly a grade A genius. I just want people to accept me the way I am and not try to change me.

My hobbies: Programming, though pretty low level. I can write a fairly complex app in Delphi, but I don't know the first thing about Java. I also love cats, they seem to accept me and understand me. I've got a huge soft black and white tom cat, named Mubi. Mubi means 'ugly' in Zulu. He started out extremely ugly, but then evolved into a gorgeous cat, and he knows he's beautiful. No, I am not a Zulu. I'm a white Afrikaner. My home language is Afrikaans (Google it).

This probably isn't too common, but I'm a Christian. I really love God, and I'm going to heaven. Please do not try to convince me otherwise.

I hope that I will learn new things on this site, and meet new people.

Cheers
Kitt3h
Kitt3h
New User
New User

Re: Who am I?

Post by centip3de on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:04 pm
([msg=78450]see Re: Who am I?[/msg])

Kitt3h wrote:Hello there, HTS seniors and newbies like myself

I am new here, because hacking interests me. I do not want to be a blue, white or black hat hacker, I simply want to know how. I'm considering becoming a white hat, as a serious career one day, working for a company. Scared of getting into trouble though. I hate black hat with everything in me, they cause so much unneeded trouble and hassle.

A little bit about myself: My real name is Neels, I love in a rural area in South Africa. We farm commercially, with bananas, papayas, and some sugar cane. I'm in home schooling, mainly because we live too far from a town, but also because I am very tired of mainstream, force fed, cloned pupils. IMO they are programming them to be all alike. In home schooling, I'm free to be myself, and I learn way more interesting stuff than the shit they teach in mainstream schools. My average is pretty good, I consider myself clever. Not bragging, it's just a fact.

I'm an introvert, and pretty lonely.. Because I'm above average intelligent, I bore people. I hate big crowds, and especially malls make me want to GTFO with all my heart. I like people, but the average person around here isn't exactly a grade A genius. I just want people to accept me the way I am and not try to change me.

My hobbies: Programming, though pretty low level. I can write a fairly complex app in Delphi, but I don't know the first thing about Java. I also love cats, they seem to accept me and understand me. I've got a huge soft black and white tom cat, named Mubi. Mubi means 'ugly' in Zulu. He started out extremely ugly, but then evolved into a gorgeous cat, and he knows he's beautiful. No, I am not a Zulu. I'm a white Afrikaner. My home language is Afrikaans (Google it).

This probably isn't too common, but I'm a Christian. I really love God, and I'm going to heaven. Please do not try to convince me otherwise.

I hope that I will learn new things on this site, and meet new people.

Cheers
Kitt3h

The blatant narcissism, inaccuracies, and arrogance in this post is cringe worthy. Also, please post in the appropriate topic next time.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by t0redo on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 am
([msg=78456]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi guys, nice to meet you!
First of all: sorry on my bad English.

Hi, I'm 27 years old, from Europe in middle of nowhere.
I was always interested in technology.
Started with Commodore 64, Atari 1040stfm, 486 DX2 and so on.
On C64 wrote some simple stuff, learned GFA basic on Atari where I started to more
"complicated" stuff.
For education I picked electrician since nothing better was available then.
It was more fun than I imagined it would be: VB5 and some Assembler (which I never
liked) and little bit of networking.
Collage was more fun: C++ and SQL.
After collage I took additional education in .NET and ended with a Certificate.
Since getting a job in my country is like winning a jackpot ; figured I'd have
more chance with a certificate.
I have never be more wrong in my whole life. Wasted money on a paper that was
meaningless.

PHP was always appealing to me, so I've started from scratch, and had my projects to
work on. It was fast, fun and useful.

Its almost 2 years how I got my job as backend developer, and its even more fun (specially part where
they pay you to do what you love!).
Of course thru work i've learned even more, and from people working with.

So, why am I here?
Simple: I want to know more about security, even more specific: server security.
My boss gave me a new role in company: admin for one of the new servers.
(I will create new thread about this soon)

So there it is.
take care :)
t0redo
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone