Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by brinks56 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 pm
([msg=75334]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

What a great site

Hey everyone.

19yo full-time student and full-time worker, currently working in automation. I have gotten really interested in IPsec and I cant wait to learn from people here.

Living in PA, USA right now. Lived in Cali for a while.

If anyone is looking to mentor someone. PLEASE pm me. i cannot seem to learn enough
brinks56
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:59 pm
([msg=75363]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Welcome to HTS everyone!
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by pav1790 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 am
([msg=75429]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi all! I am 22 and a grad student. Having spent roughly six years learning how to construct systems, I realized that I wanted to know how to deconstruct them. To prevent them, of course. The sophistication of some of these attacks fascinates me. It at times makes me feel like an utter novice. And it is high time I rectified that.

Another thing that I have always loved is hardware hacks - which are harmless ( to others )- and I have tinkered with my prized possessions over the time; enjoying successes and suffering calamities. :P

I love to read, paint and write. I am a decent swimmer and an amateur culinary scientist. ;)

I look forward to learning a good deal from this community. Cheers!
pav1790
New User
New User

Post by Mr_AnonReaperZ on Wed May 01, 2013 1:41 pm
([msg=75446]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey!

:?: years old but Im a teen :D

Also a noob But Trying to learn how to Ethically hack to help people!
Learning In Progress!

[struggling with Vb.net]
[HTML = fair]
[CSS = fair]
[little Javascript= bad]

Looking Forward to meet new people & expand my knowledge :)
Mr_AnonReaperZ
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed May 01, 2013 3:34 pm
([msg=75450]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Mr_AnonReaperZ wrote:Hey!

:?: years old but Im a teen :D

Also a noob But Trying to learn how to Ethically hack to help people!
Learning In Progress!

[struggling with Vb.net]
[HTML = fair]
[CSS = fair]
[little Javascript= bad]

Looking Forward to meet new people & expand my knowledge :)

Welcome to hts!
If you have any questions, feel free to post or ask me, I will be willing to help, as well as some others here at hackthissite.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by TheWard3n on Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 am
([msg=75471]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all,

I am 67 years old.

I love reading.

Hack This Site is an amazing source of knowledge and inspiration.

I am not 67 years old.
TheWard3n
New User
New User

Post by impulse_x on Thu May 16, 2013 9:46 am
([msg=75610]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi,

I spent pretty much the past four or five days reading through this 130 page "Introduce yourself"
thread. Why? I have no clue aside for hoping to learn about a subset of the members that
posts in this community.

I'm impulse_x. I'm one of the 40+ year old members here. I don't remember how old; but I guess I can figure out. Just
lazy. ;P Seriously, after a certain age, I no longer care about how old I am. Just as long as I'm still alive,
that's important.

I have come here to understand myself through others and to understand how to grok my brain and
try to gain knowledge in computers. Well, I've been using computers for a long time. While my first
computer was an Apple ][, I think I did the major programming/computing when I had my first IBM XT.

I know a bunch of languages only loosely. C++, C, Pascal, dBase, javascript, java, python, php, html.
It's a nice list to show off; but seriously, I only know a bit of each though I've done most of my
programming in Delphi and dBase. In recent years, I've started to learn python and hoping to
learn Ruby. I certainly can't do much in python or ruby.

I'm interested in hacking mainly as a way to understand things around me. I mean, if hacking
is just a mindset of how we learn and understand things around us, I would say we're all
life hackers. We learn every day. We try to understand everything that comes our way.
I'm still learning.

Anyway I digress.

I've done all the basic missions and most of the realistic ones (doing 15 right now *insane*).
Kinda realized that even if with those basic missions done, I still find myself forgetting
the past lessons. :( My memory isn't that good. I'm now wondering if my memory was
ever good. *shrug* Anyway..

What I like? Reading, programming (not a whole lot now) and playing the occasional
game or two (PS3). I go to the gym once or twice a week just to keep my stress
levels down.

Thanks for your patience.

Ix.
impulse_x
New User
New User

Post by replaceits on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 pm
([msg=76018]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Well this may be a bit late for a introduction (registered 4 years ago?), but i wasn't doing much then.
Anyways, I'm around 19, been coding since I was 11. My main languages are C/C++, Python, and Java (I hate java but android forces me to use it :D ), I'm currently teaching myself assembly. I've mainly worked in game development with C++, but am looking to get back into the hacking side of it! (most of the hacking I did with C++ was writting things like aimbots, trainers, etcetc., and don't worry I only wrote these things to test if I could, I don't condone cheating and i hate it when people do ;) )
Anyways, hello all I'll see you around. ;)
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!
replaceits
New User
New User

Hello HTS

Post by Axel1994 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 pm
([msg=76091]see Hello HTS[/msg])

So perhaps a little introduction.
I'm a 19 year old student.
I'm in my going to start my first year of Computer Science in September. (right now I'm studying engineering, but I found out that that isn't really that interesting for me)

I have 2 main interests. Mainly Graphics and Security.
So I'm looking around on the internet looking for some extra info (and keep learning on my own).

I really like studying on my own. (studying things I find interesting atleast).
I already got loads of books to read on both hacking and computer graphics.
Other things I do: sports (mainly Olympic Weightlifting) and that's it actually.

I also installed Linux a couple days ago.

I'm typing this little introduction because I want to get more involved in the community of HTS.
I'm still pretty new but I'm learning more every day.

Thank you for reading.

(my apologies for posting in the wrong section)
Axel1994
New User
New User

Post by VavaWoolf on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:37 pm
([msg=76230]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone.

I'm a 24 year old grad student of creative writing (fiction). Found this site off of the stopwatching.us list of signatories, did the first two basic missions and then figured that I probably needed to actually learn a few things before doing any other missions. My background with hacking/programming is next to nil; I learned SAS 9.2 (which I'm told is kind of a kiddie programming language anyway) and incredibly watered-down basics of computer security through undergrad MIS classes.

Interests include philosophy, basketball, tennis, and chess.

See you around!
VavaWoolf
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone