Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Sp4rr0w on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 am
([msg=70157]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey everyone, just found out about HTS through an external site and thought this looked like a cool place.

I'm fifteen, I go to high school, I'm straight edge, and I'm basically just weaving through life trying to be a good dude.

Some things I want to learn about and skills I want to acquire are hacking, html, javascript, internet anonymity/security, etc. I admittedly know nothing about computers beyond basic troubleshooting and OS stuff.

Interests outside computing are gaming, reading, music, working out, discussing current events with people via random forums and hanging out with family.
Sp4rr0w
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by lxwetzxl on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 am
([msg=70176]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi im Wetz. 20 years young and here to learn how to protect myself from the big scary internet. :D
lxwetzxl
New User
New User

Post by zhanx on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:04 pm
([msg=70186]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I am making the crossover from psychical computing to exploitation prevention.

I build robots, and as the control systems get more complex. I feel the need to learn to protect them. If I can exploit it. Then someone else can. If anyone has question on embedded applications and accessing them, I might be able to help. My O-scope and bus pirate are my favorite tools

I run linux only, and build mostly open source hardware for my robots.

Information is power, but what are you going to use that power for?
zhanx
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 am
([msg=70225]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Welcome to HTS everyone 8-)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Xanderflux on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 am
([msg=70294]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone. I'm 24 years old and a computer science major in college. Just found HTS and thought it looked like a nice place to meet some new people and talk comp-uters. Programming language of choice would be Java. I love zombies and Asian culture. No I'm not Asian, just love the culture. I've been taking Shaolin Kung Fu for 8 years and am currently a first degree black belt. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. I hope to be able to share some of the knowledge I have learned over the years for some of the lesser experienced users, and learn loads of knowledge from the more experienced users.
Xanderflux
New User
New User

Post by maxyp on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 am
([msg=70297]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hell0 all,

name's maxyp.
Im 19 and actually know who linus torvalds is, but still prefer running linux distros through a virtual machine on my mac :roll: instead of upgrading to a REAL opperating system, so yes, a true green ear'd noob. :D

I enjoy everything computers and had a deep-set interest in entering the IT security field. I enjoy breaking things nearly as much as I do fixing them so I feel this would be a perfect fit for me.
Besides being paranoid enough to have used tails, tested downloads on VMware before installing them and lurked freenet (read: omgwtf! im a foal and what is this?) is beneficial right? //sarcasm

About... If you havent guessed it im a brony, I have a pretty good grasp of the meta concerning computer but minimal hands on software experience, and moonlight as a neighborhood fixitol hardware geek.

Anything else about me can probably be covered by the following statement... AWWWW YEAH!!! Whiting out text, the oldest trolling tick in the book. Messing around is fun! But on a serious note, I would love to learn more about computers and security, any advice etc. I can get is most appreciated.

I plan on spending quite a while around here, so keep a lookout,
Maxyp

PS: to the other noobs, overall im decently knowledgeable and teaching is the best way to learn. Hit me up and hopefully we can help each other develop our skill sets.
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

The definitive work on the subject: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
maxyp
New User
New User

Post by spanky55amg on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 am
([msg=70385]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey,

On the intra-web I go by Spanky. It's an old nickname from my first boss. I'm about 30 years old and going "back" to school. I went to school to become an automotive technician and decided that I wanted to go back to school. So I am going to college for a Computer Science degree and decided to I would like to pursue computer security. I am taking courses in Java and C++. I think my main focus for now will be C++ though.

For me it all started with loading third part programs on to my HTC 6800 (it was a smartphone for anyone that thinks that iPhones started smartphones). Then loading custom roms. Then I got my iPhone and jailbroke it. When there was a line of coding that I did not like, I would modify it the best I knew how. Now I'm in school to learn how to program and hopefully I will teach myself how to hack. I invision working for some place doing security type stuff. I figure in order to know how to make it secure, I should know how to hack.

I am not new to forums. I have been on car forums since 2000. You might be able to find me on other forums as well.

Anyways, here I am.

(Edit, add on) Also I have just started using Linux. Ubunto. In the past, I have tried to use Linux and have had problems that I did not want to deal with at the time. Now I have the time and since this is the career I have chosen, it's time to learn. Most of the time I plan to be on Ubunto instead of Win7.

Any thoughts on Linux Mint or I have seen that many of you are running Backtrack, would be appreciated. Thanks.
Drive fast, Take chances, and Watch for deer!
spanky55amg
New User
New User

Post by bluntlee on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:01 pm
([msg=70661]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

hello all
been reading the forums for about a year now and tried out some missions.
I work as a computer admin, looking to get more serious in security.
bluntlee
New User
New User

Post by xsvMix on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 pm
([msg=70674]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

bluntlee wrote:hello all
been reading the forums for about a year now and tried out some missions.
I work as a computer admin, looking to get more serious in security.

Hi there.
How goes it with the missions? :)
xsvMix
New User
New User

Post by NewVoxel on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 am
([msg=70727]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone.

My name is Alex and I'm an alcoholic.
"Don't include a single line in your code which you could not explain to your grandmother in a matter of two minutes."

And of course... assume your grandmother is not Ada Lovelace.

http://www.newvoxel.com/
NewVoxel
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone