Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Merglyn on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 am
([msg=69360]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello,
I go by Merglyn (both IRL and on teh interwebz)
I'm 17 and attend high school full time, but also work on random other things throughout the week.
I do sporadic website testing (I worked as a testing intern for the whole summer but also do contract testing every once in a while)
I know HTML, CSS, and a little bit of everything else.
I built a cuff link website in middle school and am working on building a new website now
I like breaking things ;)

So yeah...
--Merglyn
Merglyn
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by not_essence2 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:06 pm
([msg=69373]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, again, HTS. I used to be on here but then I realized I would always give up too fast on a mission. So, it's been long enough that I've forgotten enough of these missions to start afresh, and I thought that I might as well make a ping on the HTS Radar.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

New to Hack This Site

Post by Darkasing21 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 am
([msg=69376]see New to Hack This Site[/msg])

Hello everyone,

I am new to the field of technology. I figured the best way to learn the trade is to learn how everything works from the angle of security. This has been something I've always wanted to learn. I am a college student at a local university in California. I am glad to have found this site.

This thread is simply an introduction and hello to the community that has been established.

Darkasing21
Darkasing21
New User
New User

Re: New to Hack This Site

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:09 am
([msg=69378]see Re: New to Hack This Site[/msg])

Darkasing21 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am new to the field of technology. I figured the best way to learn the trade is to learn how everything works from the angle of security. This has been something I've always wanted to learn. I am a college student at a local university in California. I am glad to have found this site.

This thread is simply an introduction and hello to the community that has been established.

Darkasing21

Welcome to HTS. This is a great way to break into the tech field I'll say that. I'd almost compare it to learning a 2nd language at a young age.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by not_essence2 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 am
([msg=69382]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

That's true. It'll take longer than expected. You can't always solve a mission within the span of 24 hours.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Exaelia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm
([msg=69425]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Uh.... Hi. I've never hacked anything before in my life, so... I thought it would be fun, I like NCIS and stuff like that. Uhm I wanted to be a forensic scientist but I also wanted to get into computer forensics too. I don't know the age minimum so if I'm too young I understand if my account is deactivated. So, uh, here goes:

My name is Amanda. But you can call me my username if you'd prefer. Just please don't call me Mandy.
I'm 14 years old, 15 in May.
I'm a freshmen in high school.
Uhm, if you couldn't tell from my name, just in case, I'm a girl.
I like chinese food and mmorpgs.
I have ADHD and clinical depression. If I'm ever snippy or rude in any way, please do not take it personally. I'm trying my best so I hope you can all forgive me if I insult you.
And I'm teaching myself Japanese.

Sorry if this is really long...
Exaelia
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 pm
([msg=69431]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Exaelia wrote:Uh.... Hi. I've never hacked anything before in my life, so... I thought it would be fun, I like NCIS and stuff like that. Uhm I wanted to be a forensic scientist but I also wanted to get into computer forensics too. I don't know the age minimum so if I'm too young I understand if my account is deactivated. So, uh, here goes:

My name is Amanda. But you can call me my username if you'd prefer. Just please don't call me Mandy.
I have ADHD and clinical depression. If I'm ever snippy or rude in any way, please do not take it personally. I'm trying my best so I hope you can all forgive me if I insult you.

You might want to take this first post to learn what not to do. Little to much info...at least for what is needed to be a member here. Besides that, welcome to HTS.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Exaelia on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 pm
([msg=69449]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:
Exaelia wrote:Uh.... Hi. I've never hacked anything before in my life, so... I thought it would be fun, I like NCIS and stuff like that. Uhm I wanted to be a forensic scientist but I also wanted to get into computer forensics too. I don't know the age minimum so if I'm too young I understand if my account is deactivated. So, uh, here goes:

You might want to take this first post to learn what not to do. Little to much info...at least for what is needed to be a member here. Besides that, welcome to HTS.

Oh thank you very much. I guess it's the amount of words that overwhelm me also, but I try my best!
Exaelia
New User
New User

Post by xsvMix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 pm
([msg=69451]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi all, I have been on HTS for a short while but only plucked up the courage to post now.

My name is Michael and I am 20 years old.
I am a software development student in university. I am currently studying c# but am looking forward to php, sql and other internet languages next year.
I am also from South Africa and love sailing as a hobby

I have already learned a huge amount since joining HTS and keen to keep at it. Cheers :)
xsvMix
New User
New User

Post by Sir Hackalot on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 am
([msg=69469]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello :D

Just joined the site..Looking to learn about graphics cards and games and also online security 8-)

My names Mick 27 from Dublin Ireland..Im into computers,flight light aircraft,music and Motorbikes :mrgreen:

Talk to you all soon :P
Sir Hackalot
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone