Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by LostinCyberia on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:07 pm
([msg=68419]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings everyone! and welcome to everyone above me. I'm also new. I hail from New Jersey, I'm 24, and I've only recently been truly enamoured by computers and the world between the wires. I've gotten my A+ and Network+ certification, but hope to rack up on other certs while I'm working on my Bachelors of Science in Computer Science... I hope to eventually pull off a Masters degree before I'm 30. It's a long story how I got into computers, but it all comes from the anime Serial Experiments: Lain. If you've seen it, you'll know why. I eventually want to work in network security, and I love ciphers, hashes, and secret text. Any questions, PM me without fear!
Remember what the dor-mouse said; Feed your head.
LostinCyberia
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Zyzoxing on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:16 pm
([msg=68425]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello NZone. First I must say this site is very impressive. I found it while doing some searching on my phone. Granted I haven't got to fully experience everything there is to offer but I knew right away that I would enjoy this place. I've spent the last 10-15 hours while at work reading some of the topics even the 2011 Idiot Awards which were quite funny. Anyways I've used computers my whole life. I used to be extremely into programming teaching myself Basic when I was probably about 10 years old. Something happened and I just lost touch with my programming side. A few years ago I picked up books on C++,Javascript,HTML/XHTML and picked up a copy of Ubuntu Linux. I haven't had the time to sit down and read them like I wanted as I joined the Army and shortly after got married so life has been quite hectic for me. I also read a few sites that said the community was somewhat particular on proper grammar and syntax so I picked up a book on grammar while I was planning to get involved. Granted it's not the best I at least try to use some punctuation and proper spelling. I'm interested in being very involved and developing programming skills to solve all sorts of problems. I'm also interested in better protecting myself while I surf the net and my wife surfs the net. Needless to say just reading a few of your topics just on Pirate Bay and Operating Systems I can see that there is much to learn. I'm well aware of the self teaching motto of the community as that is the only true way to learn and look forward to sharing ideas and experiences with everyone over time. I will try to get active in IRC it's been some time since I've used it and I owe a few other friends a visit as well on it. Anyways, thanks for providing such a place that we are free to learn and meet other like minded individuals.
Zyzoxing
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:26 pm
([msg=68431]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Welcome to HTS. I hope you find it Informative, entertaining or just straight up useful. If you have any questions feel free to ask one of the mods or post in the correct category on the forums. Don't forget, something you want to ask may have already been asked, so don't feel shy in using that search function. Enjoy.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by beyondlunatick on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm
([msg=68534]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello, there.
I'm Steve, 17 years old. I'm going into my 1st year of a BA in Games Development.
I came here as, well, I want to learn how to hack lolol.
I'm an avid gamer, I own both a PS3 and Xbox 360, as well as a decent PC.
I also have a huge interest in cars, Japanese cars in particular. I have, what i deem to be a pretty deep knowledge of the mechanics of cars, I enjoy fixing them, as well as taking them apart =P.
That's about it, off the top of my head, and I look forward to honing my future skills, be it debating in the forum, or hacking from the missions :)
beyondlunatick
New User
New User

I am Gnu

Post by Sinistar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:51 am
([msg=68545]see I am Gnu[/msg])

Greetings and fair salutations, ladies and gentlemen. I am Sinistar, and it's a pleasure to be here with you. I used to come on here a few years ago, but just recently got back into it. After about ten minutes of fiddle faddle, I completed the first three missions, and I am quite proud of my feats. I'm sure I will receive many muffins and warm welcomes.
Sinistar
New User
New User

Re: I am Gnu

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:48 pm
([msg=68552]see Re: I am Gnu[/msg])

Muff you mothermuffer. lol nah j/k. Welcome back to hts Sinistar. Gonna move this to the intro thread. Enjoy your stay.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm
([msg=68569]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Wait, you're Gnu? Gnu who?
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

New Here

Post by DUO_VISE on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:32 pm
([msg=68651]see New Here[/msg])

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here and I'm interested in learning to find website vulnerabilities and such. I don't have much experience with any web languages, except a little bit of HTML/XHTML, so I'll have to go and start learning. I did play this one game that had a language called Lua integrated into it, so I'm not completely stupid.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself, and I hope to be productive here.
DUO_VISE
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:02 pm
([msg=68653]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Is that game by any chance Manufactoid or some other Zachtronic Industries game for that matter? I won't get my hopes up, but you never know ;)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mr-Null-Void on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 am
([msg=68680]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

23 years old. Interested in a lot of stuff. Blue belt Judo/Jiu Jitsu, Know some MMA, Done some college, Make Industrial music, Been playing music for about 10 years. Photographer. Lots of stuff. REALLY want to learn how to do this stuff. I've always been interested, but it's really hard on my own. I spend a lot of time on the computer, so i'm pretty good at it but this kind of thing really eludes me.
Mr-Null-Void
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone