Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by u_p_UP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:03 pm
([msg=67514]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Harbor wrote:
Wikileaks is a terrible thing. Pirate movies? Fine, but do not steal from the government, for the love of god.

So pirating movies(which is illegal) is fine, but publishing documents in accordance with the US first amendment, isn't?

And the only people I've ever heard saying anything remotely like "Wikileaks is a terrible thing" are the right-wing extremists that publically say wonderfully humane things like this: http://tinyurl.com/695qpzu

You're not Glenn Beck, are you, Mr. O'Reilly?
u_p_UP
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by edone automaton on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 pm
([msg=67516]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I think harbor was being sarcastic....
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by Qilaat on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:28 pm
([msg=67517]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Im 28 and from Greenland =) Wannabe hacker xD
Qilaat
New User
New User

Post by ecogiko on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 am
([msg=67678]see New Member[/msg])

Hello , I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post so please tell me if I am wrong.I found this site randomly and got hooked bit time.For 4 days I was trying to beat challenges and missions and the further I go the more I realize I don't know anything.I google my latest missions and take only hints from them but recently I find myself watching the whole video and just entering the password just because I have no idea what to do.Could you recommend some book/guides/sites for me to learn to be better at getting at hacking.I have no skill level at hacking , I am 17 y/o I am studying to be a programmer and I know C/HTML and I would be really grateful if you could recommend me some books/guides/sites to learn from.

Thank you in advance.
ecogiko
New User
New User

Re: New Member

Post by WallShadow on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 am
([msg=67690]see Re: New Member[/msg])

Thousands of people have asked the same question. Just look through the NZone and see what other people said.

-WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xTractatorix on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 pm
([msg=67717]see Re: New Member[/msg])

Keep learning C thats what im learning, if you want a good website for tutorials here it is > http://w3schools.in/
Also a good book would be "The C programing Language", also known as K and R. Now i would give you a link to the full book for free, but um Mr.Shred will have none of it, all i will say is google "The C Programing Language Free" and one of the top 10 search results should be a PDF file with the entire book. :mrgreen:
Hope this helped.
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by edone automaton on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:17 am
([msg=67731]see Re: New Member[/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:Also a good book would be "The C programing Language", also known as K and R. Now i would give you a link to the full book for free, but um Mr.Shred will have none of it,

HaHa, hurt feelings? Its not mshred carrying out some personal vendetta against your link bro, its just illegal to redistribute a book in such a manner that no-one makes any money out of it. Folks can get into trouble.
If you are desperate to share the book (and its cool that you want to share, I really mean that), you have access to a PM system, what you do on there is your business.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by crazystranger on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:26 pm
([msg=67787]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm just this random dude who knows almost nothing about hacking, or stuff related to hacking. I'm 19, I like mma, rugby, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, video games (mainly fps), watching random stuff on the internet, and any other way i can waste time. i joined this site yesterday and so far have learned some stuff about html from the w3school place, its kinda interesting. I'm good at phyiscs and maths but far to lazy to persue them. my dream is to win the lottery and travel the world, but the chances of that are very slim because i dont play. Also my computer is screwed. looking foreward to learing more about hacking and the internet and html and all that stuff...
crazystranger
New User
New User

Post by IamScrabs on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 pm
([msg=67844]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I´m 16 years old and go to a gymnasium in germany.
Since I was 12 I started to be interested in Scripting and Computerwork.
It´s not just "hacking" I want to learn, my main thoughts are to learn about how different
kinds of programms are scripted, how they work and how to use them well.In my opinion is the main
idea of Hacking just understanding programms as good as possible, which gets you into the situation you can
controll them. Actually I´m quite new at Scripting ecxept for html and javascript and HTS may help me to find my limit :)
When I´m not at the computer I learn playing guitar or just meet some friends.

Sorry for the 9th grade english :oops:
IamScrabs
New User
New User

Post by NukkaXsplasH on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am
([msg=67851]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello All

NukkaXsplasH here,
I am a student studying Computer Information Systems, Computer Security.
In school I have learned about physical security, access control, user permissions, policies, procedures and all in between.

It is now time for me to dig deeper into the world of security, and to think outside the box, this led me to this website.

I am creating an HTML 5 website using php to connect to a MySQL DB for my senior project, I will use what I learn here to protect my website from vulnerabilities.

See you all on the forums!
NukkaXsplasH
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone