Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by captianirish on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 am
([msg=64694]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

hey all
im 21
ive been working on computers for awhile now. more on the hardware side, but i wanna learn alot more about programing and software in general.
im a basic nerd. play card games, bass, and video games.
im also looking forward to being a part of this community. :D
thats about it. any q's or help just pm me.
captianirish
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by thingthingy on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:09 am
([msg=64923]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings,s people.

I've always been interested in computers, but I recently got a wake-up call that showed me I actually knew nothing about them. So I looked into the matter and discovered just how shallow my knowledge was (I actually thought that linux was an old and stripped-down version of windows). So I decided to take the bull by the horns and dive deep. At the same time I became interested in hacking, and hope that each can complete the other. So now that I have finally deciphered the mystery of forum registration (you just spam the submit button) I thought of saying hi.
I'm currently dabbling with Python, and once I've gotten a grip of it, I'm thinking of moving to C, which seems to be much more brainfuck than Python.
thingthingy
New User
New User

Post by 8bitwanderer on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:18 pm
([msg=64940]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone my handle is wander and i just recently found your site
im in my mid twenty's work as a mechanic
i have some schooling in a couple of languages but i'm not really comfortable enough to call myself a coder are anything
i just wanted to say that HTS is a awesome site and im learning so much. im up to the fifth beginner challenge and have been really surprised with myself. thank you guys for building a awesome site and keep up the good work
8bitwanderer
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:46 am
([msg=64947]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Welcome to HTS.
stick with the languages you were taught and use the missions as a learning tool.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Atauzeromind on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:37 pm
([msg=64981]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone on this forum. I am a child that has a rare obsession with computer security, and is just entering his teens. (Along with that comes the natural unpopularity with much of the other youths.) Whatever little knowledge I gained about programming languages was completely taught from myself by myself, although that will probably change as I go to a computer camp (hopefully) this summer. Also: this site showed the real world of cracking. Before, I thought that to get into a website, you would need to exploit its connections with other sites and such. Now, I am on the Basic Missions and that has gotten me to change my view. Sometimes it's as blunt as a sentence, an input box, and a "Submit" button. I must say, this site was what I was looking for. Thanks to all.
*random fact* I don't know if it's because I've only ever seen two forums, but I realized that the other forum I go on has exactly this thread, with the same name, except it's really "Introduce Yourself Here". Hmm... Probably 'cause every forum has the same problems...
Atauzeromind
New User
New User

Post by CainTheShadow on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:19 am
([msg=65142]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey to everybody out here,

I'm 23 years old and study philosophy, with a great interest in ancient philosophy and structuralism. Lately I've become interested with teaching myself a whole variety of skills and started learning a bit of programming (not anything impressive yet but I'll let you know when I know what I'm doing!). Joining this site is another step forwards in being able to understand something about this whole digital environnement. People should never stop educating themselves. I hope all this knowledge will stick somewhere and I can make good use of it.
CainTheShadow
New User
New User

Greetings..!!!

Post by Colleen on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:54 am
([msg=65221]see Greetings..!!![/msg])

Hi !

I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
I hope we will have great time here. and I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members,
hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge. Nice to meet you..
Colleen
New User
New User

Re: Greetings..!!!

Post by Dahaar on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 am
([msg=65226]see Re: Greetings..!!![/msg])

Hi, welcome at HTS.
But there is a section exactly for those introductions, better post it there.
Have fun here!

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=91
Dahaar
New User
New User

Post by A_new_dave on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:46 am
([msg=65267]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm a 38 year old dad of twins.
I've been programming for about 20 years. Most of it C++, and most of it for PDA's and embedded devices.

I've a black belt (well sash) in Wing Chun, and I quite love to run.

I've always been interested in protecting the freedom of speech and systems that lock me down when clearly I own them, irk me. I mean if paying 800 bucks for a cell phone doesn't mean I can do whatever I want with it.. then I don't know what would.

So.. I'm starting to go beyond my Linux box. I want to really understand how to stretch myself. And I want to cultivate some seriously switched on mates.
A_new_dave
New User
New User

Post by CYBERTK on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 am
([msg=65330]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello All

Im 24 years old, I too wish to learn hacking..

I really getting tired of surfing the net all time searching for someone who can teach me this.

I hope im at the right place this time..

CYBERTK :)
CYBERTK
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone