Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Pentacle on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 am
([msg=64383]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

*toddles out of lurker mode*

Also extremely new to the site, but I'm 19 and though I'm not Canto I'm currently hanging around Hong Kong as an ex-pat. And, just for gender clarification, I am female. No "he"s please. xD I've done a LOT of graphic design in my life, mostly with GIMP and I've played around with HTML and iframes during some website design phases but other than that I have a LOT to learn. So yesh, looking forward to lurking some more and actually posting a bit.
Pentacle
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by ZuZuca5 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:57 pm
([msg=64394]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I am fairly new to the site. I have visited a few times in the past out of curiosity. I have almost no experience at hacking, but have some experience in Database design and implementation, and security administration. I am working on a degree in Network Security and Forensics currently.
ZuZuca5
New User
New User

Post by Archon_Azerate on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 am
([msg=64402]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I am not really a newbie (I originally joined in 2005[Lacertosum]) but I am not a 1337 |-|4X0R either. Greetings from the Sovereign Archon of Anti-Cosmic Might, Set-Heh, Crowned Red King of Kings, Saatet-Ta, Bolchoapep!

All about me http://www.facebook.com/Bolcho.Apep
Archon_Azerate
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:06 pm
([msg=64424]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Archon_Azerate wrote:I am not really a newbie (I originally joined in 2005[Lacertosum]) but I am not a 1337 |-|4X0R either. Greetings from the Sovereign Archon of Anti-Cosmic Might, Set-Heh, Crowned Red King of Kings, Saatet-Ta, Bolchoapep!<br><br>All about me http://www.facebook.com/Bolcho.Apep

What the hell? Well you have certainly made your presence known across the internet... Not hating just really caught off guard by your uh, enthusiasm? Welcome (again) to HTS.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Horns55 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm
([msg=64510]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello.
I've just joined and I love it. Trying to learn Javascript to complete the rest of the missions. Any tips/good websites?
Anyway 19, college (boring as hell usually), bilingual, looking to learn cool shit and meet people I suppose.
Horns55
New User
New User

Post by LopLol99 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:11 pm
([msg=64514]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey! I do have a proper name, but I would like to be referred to as LopLol99 here. Anyhow, I've read some general posts about this site, and I can fairly say that this sounds like a good/beneficial community. I do not have any experience in hacking. Although I can easily read basic HTML. I would like to spend some time on this site learning about the impacts and uses of computer hacking.
Before I joined this site, I was doing animation with sprited images. I never really got far with what I was doing. I then took an interest in video editing with Sony Vegas. I have learned a lot of cool effects that I can implement into my videos now. Aside from that, I was starting to think about computer languages. I understood that to even begin learning, one must have a lot of determination. This is why I stopped trying to learn. At the time, I was trying simple coding for flash games. Later on, I thought about hacking. I had nothing better to do and said, "why not?" I decided to learn some HTML as instructed by Monica. It was actually very easy. I learned a lot since. I hope I can make some positive impacts by hacking. The only problem I fear right now in learning code is not being able to find a good source of learning. Now, here, I hope to find a good community that I can contribute to and learn from at the same time.

P.S. I love literature
LopLol99
New User
New User

Post by cams on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 am
([msg=64520]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm trying to learn programming, and somehow found this site. A site where you can practice hacking is great! :D
(Not that I could do much now)
cams
New User
New User

Post by apemax on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am
([msg=64571]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi all. I'm 20 (Almost 21) and i'm interested to learn how hacking really works. Hence i'm here. I know a bit of C++, a bit of HTML/CSS and a bit of JavaScript. I've used Win XP, several Linux distros and just installed FreeBSD for the first time. I'm a big gamer too. I've got a PS1, PS2, PS3 and a PSP. I also play a few games on my computer. I'm also a moderator on two websites. I'd like to think i know a fair bit about computers.

I hope i can learn a lot from this website and community and hope in the future i can give something back. :)
apemax
New User
New User

Post by Mro on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:29 am
([msg=64626]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon this excellent site many years ago. I tried the missions and could not get anywhere, I was being naive to think it would be easy. So I basically gave up. I am now back with a new outlook on learning I am now 35 so am ready to really soak up lots of information and this time not give up. I have a lot more experience in computing than I did all those years ago and with such a wealth of information on this site i am determined to do well this time.

Thanks for a great site and i look forward to learning a lot here. :)
Mro
New User
New User

Post by AvexSweiss on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 pm
([msg=64692]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello, i am 20 years old, and i am pretty curious about the world of internet and hacking. I am new to this, so i hope we can all help each other :)
AvexSweiss
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone