Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by fonfsn on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm
([msg=79030]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey all. fonfsn here. Working on breaking into the IT field. Got my Network+ and soon to be CCENT while learning a little Python here and there. New to hacking and excited to learn a lot
fonfsn
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Stiffle on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm
([msg=79164]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi there :)
I'm called Stiffle,
am Software Engeniering Student in the 4rth Semester in Germany in Tübingen.
I'm excited what i will learn trough this site
Stiffle
New User
New User

Post by White_Smoke on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 pm
([msg=79307]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone, it's about time I'd introduce myself after being here for two days. I'm 43 years old and living in Holland. I work as a famaceutical employee in a hospital, and recently i was assigned to gather financial and logistic information from our hospital software system. We've build a OLAP cube and I've had professional Excel training for it. That's how i got into renewed contact with Visual basic. I've always been interested in computer languages , I'm still used to DOS, and at school we learned the basics of Basic, Pascal and C. Back in those days I've had a lot of fun programming, but with the years things changed and i lost interest due to having a life. My first computer was a zx spectrum, followed up by a commodore 64. I still miss the zx... in 1988 i had my first personal computer, a real IBM 8086, 4,7 Mhz with an amazing amount of 20MB hard disk and a highspeed 24,4kb/s dial-up modem... Those where the days ;)
I'm here to learn more about how not to program, how to discover mistakes a bit faster, what to be aware of when coding...
Once i got a hold on that I will try to develop more real programming skills, though I guess the basics still are the same. It's hard to learn by self study when you have no idea of what you are doing, but i hope my old knowledge will come back once i get the hang of it...
White_Smoke
New User
New User

Post by ThrowCows778 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:07 pm
([msg=79385]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all!

I am very passionate about technology and computers. I have a wide range of computer based interests, from graphics art to programming. I am interested in learning more every day. I want to learn more about networking, security, operating systems, and hardware. I wanted to join HTS so that I can learn more about technology with people who have simmilar interests and knowledge.

That pretty much sums everything up. I hope to enjoy my stay!
ThrowCows778
New User
New User

Post by BCGH on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:36 pm
([msg=79440]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Blue Collar Grey Hat here! I'm 23 and a cable tech. Interests include music, audio production, and hacking. I'm pretty new to the hacking world but am eager to learn. I am so happy I found this site! Just going through the Basic Missions were extremely insightful! I'm mostly interested in learning programming and web exploits, I'm looking forward to soaking up the information this site has to offer like a sponge.
BCGH
New User
New User

Post by RandyRedBull on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:21 pm
([msg=79643]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone, I'm really happy to introduce myself to such an open and engaging community. I'm excited to talk with and learn as much as possible from anyone and everyone. I truly appreciate this site, like I'm sure so many others do, there aren't many places willing to inform, encourage, and give meaningful examples while still staying true to hacking and not scripting/hand holding. Pleasure to be here.
RandyRedBull
New User
New User

Post by FN-FiveseveN on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:59 pm
([msg=79789]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi,
I'm FiveseveN or you can call me FN
I;m n00b and young Lol. :D
I'm 16 years old but turning 17 this August 2014
I''m about to go to college and I'll take up Computer Science with a specialization in Software Engineering.
I don't really know what I would be doing but maybe you guys have something that could be useful for me when college starts.

P.S. I don't really know anything.
I don't even know why I want Comp Sci and maybe I should take IT instead?
FN-FiveseveN
New User
New User

Post by Adrasteia the Inescapable on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:06 am
([msg=79802]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone,

I have some experience with hacking, but am still very much a noob--most of my experience is with web vulnerabilities such as XSS and SQL injection, and I want to learn more about application and network security. I'm still working my way through the Basic and Realistic missions to prepare for the Application ones.

My username comes from an epithet in Aeschylus that I liked, adrasteia means "the inescapable" in ancient Greek (the word by itself was already taken).

EDIT: The adjective is grammatically feminine, but I am a guy. The masculine forms were less euphonious.
Adrasteia the Inescapable
New User
New User

Post by Kuam on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 pm
([msg=79845]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello,

In the interest of saving the amount you need to read:

I'm 30, a vet, and currently in school studying computer management and information systems
My interest lies in security, although I do not have working experience, yet.
I plan to abuse this website along with anyone that presents information with which to improve my knowledge and skills. I am an analyst by nature, and research is a skill I know and abuse well, so I think I will have an enjoyable time learning how things work, and discovering their flaws.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blurb.

Cheers!
Kuam
New User
New User

Post by pickle290780 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 am
([msg=79994]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi guys!

I'm Alistair, 33 from UK
I work approximately 60 hours a week managing a fast food takeaway.
Been messing with computers in some form for about 25 or so years.
Started with programming Sinclair Basic with my dad on a Spectrum 48+ on a weekend from magazines and modifying the code that we had. Progressed to a Tandy TRS-80, then came the Amiga 500, where I lost my way a bit. Got introduced to pirated games and XCopy and ended up gaming so my programming skills although rudimentary declined.
Got a PC when I was 15 just before GCSEs, built as an IBM clone, by my cousin, so we thought we had a good deal. It ran Windows 3.11, no sound, VGA graphics and 486 DX-100 CPU.
I got introduced to the idea of multimedia and Windows 95 by a friend of my dads....sounded unbelievable, I had to try it!

Armed with an upgrade CD I installed Win 95. Shortly after I decided multimedia with sound was just media, lol....I needed sound. I saved up my paper round money and bought a SoundBlaster Clone. Installed this "Plug and Play" wonder....it plugged, but didn't play, so I took it to the shop I purchased it from. He couldn't get it working, gave me it back and blamed my PC. No refund offered and at the age of 16 I had no man parts to demand a refund :-(

Thankfully my dad's friend was a phone call away, he talked me through device manager, driver removal and reinstallation and all was well again. With his help I upgraded my RAM, got an SVGA card, replaced a CD drive I broke in my clumsiness. All highly enjoyable stuff. Then came Uni, whic I dropped out of and console gaming, another bane on my life.

After leaving Uni I fell into my current job and routine, getting more frustrated. A friend showed me how to build a PC from scratch, which he did incorrectly and damaged my motherboard and CPU. Finally I learnt it myself and have built many machines and fixed lots of others enlisting the help of Google.

I enjoy messing with PCs and reading forums much more than my current line of work so need to rekindle the love and change career! At present I also am the unofficial IT guy at work due to my love of tinkering, but the scope of what I do is too small and restricted to learn much. I change printer rolls, woohoo, restart crashed drivers on our Win NT based touch screen tills, and update our ZenCart install somehow. I have no real idea of how it all works but muddle through, lol, so I guess I'm here to understand how someone hacked our system one time and inserted their daemon email address and how to make it more secure and understand how to really use the FTP etc. Plus I have an update to do due to the 1 PC we have running XP and I would love to give Linux a shot on it and learn about that, and maybe change career in the next couple of years before I get too old!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my autobiography and hope to chat soon, make many new friends and learn some brilliant knowledge!
pickle290780
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone