Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by SgtCostello on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:05 am
([msg=78832]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Oh hey, I can finally post in the forums! (Weird issue, just glad it's fixed.)

Anyway, hello everyone. You can call me Costello. I'm 21 and work manual labor. I've always been interested in computers, though, and look forward to work my way towards an IT job someday. For now, the power's on and the internet is up, so I can live on.

I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to the deeper side of IT and power using, but I'm learning. I have a good grasp on HTML and CSS, and am starting programming with Python. I've more experienced with the hardware side, as I'm proud to have built my own desktop from scratch that's remained top of the line for the past 4 years.

Hobbies-wise, I spend a large majority of my time gaming. And that's about it. Nice to meet you all, and nice to finally be able to speak on the forums!

Later all.
SgtCostello
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 pm
([msg=78837]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

To all the newcomers. Welcome to HTS. If you need anything feel free to PM me.
Note if you decide to ever use the message system on the forums you must have 2 posts before it is unlocked.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Rezlets on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:55 am
([msg=78905]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone.

I'm Rezlets, 17, and a student. I'm not very good at hacking, but I hope to improve.
Rezlets
New User
New User

Post by AbnerDoon on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:38 am
([msg=78930]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings! I am an active duty US Marine with a background in IT support and system administration. I only recently became aware of ethical hacking and am really focusing on making that a career for after the Marine Corps. I think my aforementioned experience, along with some other skill-sets I've acquired in the military, would help make me stand out when looking for a job. That said, my technical skills are many years unused and definitely need to be improved. I plan on being as active as I can here and contributing what I can as my skills increase. If anyone has any advice for someone trying to be a Certified Ethical Hacker, please let me know! Especially if you can suggest a good major/school to get it from. Thanks!
AbnerDoon
New User
New User

Post by fishfugu on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:05 am
([msg=78932]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi! I've been a programmer of various languages for about 13 years - starting in Microsoft (VB 6) and quickly getting into Java, database admin (SQL Server and then MySQL), some years programming XSL (yes, that's right, supporting enterprise solutions developed and maintained in XSL) - now mainly working with Node and Elasticsearch.

But I lie - my first forays into programming really happened on my VZ-200 in BASIC in the 80's and in HyerCard (using HyperScript... go look it up).

I've been peripherally interested in ethical hacking for a long time and have just decided, as of right now, to try this site out and see if I can get a little bit more informed and involved.

I maintain a long-term and continuing passion for Natural Language Processing and am interested in how I can use my layman's understanding of NLP for hacking purposes... you never know...

I will spend what little time I can working on this site - given I also try to maintain an acting career, do some writing, some songwriting, perform as a singer, finish my Science/Law degree at UNE and spend time with my family.

I'm sure I've still got some time left in there somewhere though... Dr. Who and Fringe can't take up all my brain space while I'm sitting on the couch at night time, I'm sure.
fishfugu
New User
New User

Post by xKpk on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:50 pm
([msg=78944]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi I'm xKpk!
I am 15 years old!
I attended school!
I collect weapons!
I joined this site to learn how to hack and hope to learn and improve myself!
xKpk
New User
New User

Post by lovable_pumpkinking on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 pm
([msg=78946]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, everyone!!!!
I'm lovable_pumpkinking.
I (obviously) love the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. For those of you that have not seen that movie than your childhood is not complete.
I LOVE to read and write.
lovable_pumpkinking
New User
New User

Post by Mahouxshounen on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm
([msg=78957]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings.
I'm Mahouxshounen, but just call me Mahou, it's easier.
I'm here to learn. I'm here to make friends. If all goes well I will do both.
I will lurk around the forum and the site for a while.
But I do look forward to meeting you all here. I shall join IRC at some time too when I can.
Mahouxshounen
New User
New User

Post by TimUK on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:52 pm
([msg=78959]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, my name is Tim (obviously) I'm 20 years old and I am studying a degree in Software Engineering. I have been on Hack This Site before at some point a few years ago but I came back here last night to "re-visit" everything I had learnt here and my old account seemed to be magically gone so meh. Anyway, over the time between then and now I have learnt a lot which has ended up with me getting really in to HTS :) I'll probably idle on the forums and lurk in a dark corner of IRC most of the time.

I look forward to meeting some new people.
TimUK
New User
New User

Post by rgw2is on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:58 pm
([msg=79004]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone.. I'm new to the website and i'm already learning a lot..
I won't post anything about myself, because i'm not comfortable with it as I know net is not a secure location..
I also know that no one here will try to hack me, i guess, but that's just me u know..

I just wanted to thanks HackThisSite for the good learning space you guys have !!

THANKS!
rgw2is
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone