Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by frozen404 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm
([msg=76239]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone,
I'm a 19 years old young lady willing to learn a lot from you guys as I'm fascinated by the ethical hacking world.
I've been doing researches for the past 6 months but I don't seem to go very far all by myself, this is the very first forum I participate in, because I believe that I need to share and TALK with other passionate people.
I'm an apprentice programmer, I know how to C/C++, how to PHP, how to SQL, and a little bit how to JS.
I know my way around BT5, and pen testing is my targeted field number one.

I'm a real n00b... and I do love playing electric guitar, in 3 years I will be a computer engineer, so I hope to learn a lot from you !

Thanks
frozen404
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by hardcoreteckning on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:24 am
([msg=76398]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hiya, everyone! I'm 17 years old, a female, and fairly new to computer programming. I'm a freshman in college, working on an engineering degree, and my other interests include music, acting, writing, and architecture. Mostly, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so I'm looking forward to completing more missions, learning about languages and logic strategies, and talking with other people who are doing the same.
hardcoreteckning
New User
New User

Post by TooNerdAster on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 am
([msg=76556]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyvody, I'm Aster and I'm new to the forum. I'm an Italian boy, I'm 16 years old and I'm interested in learning in hacking and computer programming. I was firstly attracted by hacker's ethic and then by computer hacking, so I read an Eric Raymond's text about the way an hacker should think and act and I realized that in the most part I behave like an hacker: I love challenges, I love learning, I love discovering, I love everything that keeps my brain active. The only thing that I didn't have was knowledge in computer hacking. Now I still don't have much knowledge, I've only learned how to write some code in HTML and CSS, how to use an Unix Terminal and now I'm practicing with C.

I think that you won't see me very often asking on the forum: I prefer to work alone, forcing myself to UNDERSTAND what I do instead of simply let somebody explain me everything. I understand how you, real hackers, feel: surrounded by lamers, script kiddies and also stupid guys that subscribe only to ask "h0w i h4Ck a fb 4cC0uNt?!1?". This makes you quite aggressive versus newbies (like me). That not your fault, you are forced into it. I can understand, really. By the way, that's why I would only ask things that I can't REALLY understand AT ALL: I don't want to stress you and I don't want to be kicked in my butt for everything I'll write here (sorry for this quite rude expression but it fill the bill). Hope that you understand my point of view and will help me more kindly and gladly when I will ask something.

By the way, see you later in the forum.

Aster
TooNerdAster
New User
New User

Post by Quantum3 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:00 pm
([msg=76708]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi. I am Quantum.

That's really all I got to say...
Quantum3
New User
New User

Post by ZerchMG on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am
([msg=76713]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi iIm Zerch!
I'm a 16 years old boy from Italy and I started learning about Informatics trough my brother who is an I.T. engineer.
I know a bit of HTML and CSS, I've started learnig some C and I'm a linux user since more or less 5 years but unfortunately i'm posting this with windows as I have some problems with my internet connection in linux. I've used Linux Mint, open SUSE, Fedora and i'm currently running Ubuntu.
I do karate since 3 years ago and in general school bores me to death. I like japanese culture, anime, manga and videogames
Although i've already been learning with basic mission, this is my first post. I know hackers get a lot of stupid requests like "please, how can i hack my girlfriend's fb?" and i understand you getting agressive but in the case I write some stupid question because i'm still a n00b, im' sorry in advance and i will try to learn from my mistakes.
I like to discover answers by myself so I probably won't post much in the Missions forum.

See you!
ZerchMG
New User
New User

Post by NateWW on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 pm
([msg=76855]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone,

I'm NateWW. I'm a 17 year old high school senior, I took a very basic HTML/CSS/game programming class this summer, it got me really interested in learning more about coding and programming. I recently got a new gaming laptop, It's a Lenovo Y400, I love it.

Hope to learn a lot and meet some new people!

-NateWW
NateWW
New User
New User

Post by N0MAD96 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:21 pm
([msg=77334]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi all!

I'm 17 as of 5th September. I recently started college and am studying vehicle mechanics, looking for part-time work in the same field but so far no luck. :( Enjoy playing video games. (Have been a gamer more or less since I was old enough to know how to use a game boy.)

I joined this site as I have recently started learning some HTML and Java and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to learning some new skills and meeting new people! :)

-N0MAD96
N0MAD96
New User
New User

Post by cluele55 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:14 pm
([msg=77339]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey guys,

I've been lurking about for a while now and thought it was time I introduced myself. I am quite a bit older than the average 17-year old here. I started hacking (sort of) back before there was a name for it. It was back when mainframes took up an entire room. Back then, gaining access to a computer system wasn't all that hard. You just needed to be curious...well, nosy, and have enough privacy and time to poke around in deep seeded files. Passwords existed but they were stuff like "ILoveMyMama" and "MyCatJosie." So social engineering was very effective (again, before I knew there was a name for it). I never set out to do anything wrong or malicious. I would just be like "What's this mysterious directory?" and if I couldn't get in, I would make it my mission to. Hacking back then was NOTHING like today. I got into trouble once for "accessing" the payroll files at my first office job to find out who all got raises. It didn't even occur to me that what I did was illegal. Wrong, yes, but in a way that a kid picks a cheap lock and thinks Ha ha I did it. I never did anything malicious, but every time I sat down at a computer for the first time, I sifted through in top to bottom to discover all the files and folders.

That was about it with my hacking hobby. When system security beefed up, I backed off. I wasn't interested in breaking the law. Instead, I turned to hardware, taking electronics apart to figure out how they worked. Trying to make a radio light up or a lamp buzz. My first PCs were all self built. Through all this, it never occurred to me to pursue a computer career. I really wish I had. I wish I knew that I could have done something with all that curiosity and technical interest.

Instead, I became a technical writer. So basically, I get to learn all kinds of computer systems without actually being responsible for them. Now, technical writing bores me to death and I want to get back to computing. A long time ago, I learned Basic, VB, Java, JavaScript, and Perl, but I need a serious refresher now to do anything useful. I recently took a course in C and am working my way through Python. I am probably too old to change careers, but getting back into the hobby has helped the monotony of my day job. This site is a lot of fun and very informative.

Anyway, that was my long-winded way of saying hi.
cluele55
New User
New User

My introduction (and my question)

Post by Plantnat on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:58 pm
([msg=77347]see My introduction (and my question)[/msg])

Hello Everyone.
I realize that there is probably a lot of people every week who join this website just because they want to "hack" their friends Facebook account. Let me start out by saying I am not one of those people. But the main reason that I am posting in this thread is because of one reason: I honestly do not know what to do a this moment. I have been on this website for a little while now, and i have looked through many threads and read many lengthy articles. But they mostly all say the same thing (the threads for new persons, that is). They all say that you should not ask "what do I do?" or anything like that, and to look around and read articles. but I have done that, and I still do not know where to begin. I have only gotten past the first basic mission, but after that I get very confused. I have a large knowledge of computers, but i have never, until now, ventured into the realm of exploitation and hacking. I do not know what hacking language to learn, what to try first, etc, etc, etc. So all I really ask is that I am aimed in the right direction :arrow: . Thank you for taking your valuable time and reading my semi lengthy post. Now let me get to introducing myself.

I am 15 years old.
I currently go to high school, in which i am in my sophomore year (which just let me say that i was in all advanced classes until a couple years ago when i dropped out. i only dropped out because it was all extremely easy to me and i did not at all like the tons of extra work i was given).
I live in the USA (which i find to be a not-so-pleasant experience).
I have always been around computer since i was a very young kid, so i have a great knowledge that is added to every day.
I am in marching band, but i am thinking of dropping out of it since i do not find it much fun.
I am currently learning how to play the electric guitar, and i hope to join a band soon after.
Thats pretty much it. If you feel like it, you can message me back on either this thread or through a private message.
Plantnat
New User
New User

Post by Name-already-taken on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 am
([msg=77475]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone ,
I am a 17 year old boy . I am interested in computer programming. I would like to be a part of you esteemed community.
Hi
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Name-already-taken on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name-already-taken
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone