Software House LAN Connected PC's

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Software House LAN Connected PC's

Post by shadowless_33 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 am
([msg=68253]see Software House LAN Connected PC's[/msg])

Hi all,
First of all forgive if it ain't right palace to post such kind of post.
I work as a web designer in a software house. I am very crazy about downloading stuff. now. the problem comes IT section does not allow downloading from any file hosting sites, torrents and even YouTube. If you start a download in a few minutes they come to you and say stop downloading.

Now, is there any solution by which i can download anything and come into IT section eyes?
Regards.
shadowless_33
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Software House LAN Connected PC's

Post by limdis on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 pm
([msg=68256]see Re: Software House LAN Connected PC's[/msg])

There was another thread like this not too too long ago. But I haven't found it yet. Anyway, I think your best option would be to remotely connect to your home computer to do this. It sounds like your admins have the network pretty locked down (monitored). Check out Team Viewer
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Re: Software House LAN Connected PC's

Post by Acidiferous on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm
([msg=68262]see Re: Software House LAN Connected PC's[/msg])

Not to be boring or anything, but i think this is a rule that should be respected. It's not a good idea to download, what i can imagine is high risk files, to your work pc and network.

So evne if you find a way to outsmart your IT department, you should consider using a program like the one limdis suggests.
Acidiferous
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to NZone