The Basics

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

The Basics

Post by EvilLemonz on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 pm
([msg=67381]see The Basics[/msg])

By creating this thread, I want to accomplish two things. One is so that I learn the information I am in need of and so that others who are just starting can also see these things. What I am requesting is a basic Toolkit (ie. firefox plugins, applications, etc.) and what coding I need to know (ie. HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc...). Thank you!
EvilLemonz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Basics

Post by centip3de on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 pm
([msg=67384]see Re: The Basics[/msg])

EvilLemonz wrote:By creating this thread, I want to accomplish two things. One is so that I learn the information I am in need of and so that others who are just starting can also see these things. What I am requesting is a basic Toolkit (ie. firefox plugins, applications, etc.) and what coding I need to know (ie. HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc...). Thank you!

There's actually an immense amount of threads, exactly like this. However, it's a pretty common question and one that most if not all newbies ask.

The Tools (necessary):
-A web browser
-A text editor
-A brain

The Tools (complimentary):
-Firebug add-on

The Languages (in-order):
-HTML and CSS
-JavaScript
-SQL
-PHP
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by EvilLemonz on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm
([msg=67385]see Re: The Basics[/msg])

Thank you very much. I had guessed that there was going to be others like this, but I am really busy atm and I honestly didn't have the time to track down a thread that had the same content and an answer there that was suitable as well. Again, thanks.
EvilLemonz
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm
([msg=67386]see Re: The Basics[/msg])

EvilLemonz wrote:Thank you very much. I had guessed that there was going to be others like this, but I am really busy atm and I honestly didn't have the time to track down a thread that had the same content and an answer there that was suitable as well. Again, thanks.

Anytime.

Oh, and welcome to HTS
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Harbor on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:18 am
([msg=67406]see Re: The Basics[/msg])

I would say Firebug is almost needed, helped me out immensely.

Also, google.
Harbor
New User
New User

Return to NZone