Getting started

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Getting started

Post by heybarmby on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 pm
([msg=67187]see Getting started[/msg])

I'm completely new to this and just wondering what i will need to get started on the basic missions, for instance what software i need to download etc. any help will be hugely appreciated!

heybarmby
heybarmby
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Getting started

Post by Shryff_Fox on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 pm
([msg=67188]see Re: Getting started[/msg])

I am not so sure about software, you don't need any software for the first 5 basic missions at least :D I do recommend however that you go to www.w3schools.com and learn html that will help you get started and what not.
Shryff_Fox
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:34 pm
([msg=67192]see Re: Getting started[/msg])

heybarmby wrote:I'm completely new to this and just wondering what i will need to get started on the basic missions, for instance what software i need to download etc. any help will be hugely appreciated!

heybarmby

You don't need any software to do the missions, but you do need to look up HTML to start out with
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by wan26 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 pm
([msg=67193]see Re: Getting started[/msg])

I don't often reply to these as much as I should, but I would say it could benefit you in the long term if you made a simple web page in html, so you get a feel for how they are created. Then perhaps learning the basics of javascript and after that you'll probably find out yourself what else needs to be learned for the missions...

I hope this does not sound too trivial, but it may help. [for basic missions]
wan26
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mShred on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 pm
([msg=67261]see Re: Getting started[/msg])

^ I like that idea. But yeah, no downloads needed for any of the basic missions. That is, as long as you have a browser that's able to connect to the interwebz and Google and stuff.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to NZone