Help me please, I'm some what new to this  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Help me please, I'm some what new to this

Post by Damnation95 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 pm
([msg=67038]see Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

So I have a couple things I would like help with :)

1: mission 10 requires a javascript injection right? even if it doesn't I've tried doing some and nothing's working. Anyone able to tell me exactly how to let me do an injection with Firefox? Or give me a link to some way to fix it.

2: I've gone through the basic missions, javascript missions (to the best of my ability) and a few of the realistic missions, but I have seem to have exhausted my knowledge of this. So would anyone be able to provide me books, articles, websites, or even tutorials on languages or how to do this stuff. I'm pretty good with java and teaching myself python from the API, but I would like different sources (especially php because it seems to be extremely useful)

Thanks!

Ps sorry if this is in the wrong spot or anything. This is my first post.
Damnation95
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this

Post by hellow533 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:51 pm
([msg=67039]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

See? Threads like this are the reason I keep suggesting an educational mission section.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Damnation95 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:17 pm
([msg=67040]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

An Educational Section would be helpful. This site seems more to test what you do know and then persuade you to go and look for other things that might help solve the solution if you can't find it. A place to point into the right direction(s) would be great.
Damnation95
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:41 pm
([msg=67041]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

Have you viewed the mission threads at all?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Damnation95 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 pm
([msg=67043]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

I have not viewed all of the Mission threads. I looked through some of the one's I've completed. The thing is I don't want the hints on how to figure out the specific mission, especially without trying it for myself first. I was just hoping for some sites or books that I could go get to help me learn before "giving up" on certain missions
Damnation95
New User
New User

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm
([msg=67044]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

I heard a rumor a while back that Firefox wasn't allowing JavaScript Injection. I'll have to find the thread that was in, but as far as where to find new info a simple google search or perusing the forums will answer that in greater detail than we would be able to. I will suggest Tizag as it has served me pretty well. There are video's on youtube if you want, but I personally would suggest a written tutorial.

Alright, this is the forum topic about it. It could have changed so research it.

Firefox Java(Script) Problem
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 pm
([msg=67045]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

Damnation95 wrote:I have not viewed all of the Mission threads. I looked through some of the one's I've completed. The thing is I don't want the hints on how to figure out the specific mission, especially without trying it for myself first. I was just hoping for some sites or books that I could go get to help me learn before "giving up" on certain missions

I give you a +1 for really trying to learn instead of just completing the missions as fast as you can. But yes this mission requires a javascript injection. If you have completed the other missions you should have some understanding already of what it is. Find out more about it and what all is vulnerable to injection attacks.
limdis

Post by Damnation95 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm
([msg=67047]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

limdis wrote:I give you a +1 for really trying to learn instead of just completing the missions as fast as you can. But yes this mission requires a javascript injection. If you have completed the other missions you should have some understanding already of what it is. Find out more about it and what all is vulnerable to injection attacks.

Thank you, I get javascript injections and all of that, the problem I'm having is my browser isn't letting me do anything. I've done javascript:alert("Hello World") just to see if it would work. It did not. I'm going to read that article posted earlier, hoping it helps. Thnks though!!
Damnation95
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 pm
([msg=67048]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

Yes, when firefox v6.0.2 was released they implemented an additional security measure that prevents url javascript commands. There are a few ways around this however. You can either complete the mission with a different browser or us an addon that gives you a console window. I personally use firebug.
limdis

Post by edone automaton on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:53 am
([msg=67057]see Re: Help me please, I'm some what new to this[/msg])

Javascript injection is still possible in firefox, just press ctrl/shift/k which will open the web console for you and away you go...

Firebug is good though.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to NZone