What should I learn?

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

What should I learn?

Post by xTractatorix on Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm
([msg=66333]see What should I learn?[/msg])

Okay so down to buisness, what programing languages should i learn in order to become a proficient hacker. I am already acquainted with python, c++,some BASIC, html, and am currently trying to learn java script. Oh yes im also currently learning some UNIX/GNU commands. So yeah if anyone has any pointers or advice it would help, and if any one knows any good websites or forums that have good information it would be appreciated, thank you. :)
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What should I learn?

Post by acevic on Wed May 16, 2012 3:14 am
([msg=66348]see Re: What should I learn?[/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:Okay so down to buisness, what programing languages should i learn in order to become a proficient hacker. I am already acquainted with python, c++,some BASIC, html, and am currently trying to learn java script. Oh yes im also currently learning some UNIX/GNU commands. So yeah if anyone has any pointers or advice it would help, and if any one knows any good websites or forums that have good information it would be appreciated, thank you. :)

Harden your skills on HTML, JS, PHP & SQL before you try anything else. There are various fields of hacking; it's not limited to a single type of system. You should perfect your first few skills and learn ninja tricks with those rather than knowing the basics of all languages. Focus on networking. I wrote a post on the forums a while ago regarding networking tutorials and a guide for learning how to program. Look it up. As for sources, you could try codeacademy, tizag, w3schools and thenewboston. It's not your everyday coding that makes you a hacker. It's how you manipulate the code in unconventional ways that makes you one. Feel free to pm me if you need any assistance.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Re: What should I learn?

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm
([msg=66361]see Re: What should I learn?[/msg])

acevic wrote:
xTractatorix wrote:Okay so down to buisness, what programing languages should i learn in order to become a proficient hacker. I am already acquainted with python, c++,some BASIC, html, and am currently trying to learn java script. Oh yes im also currently learning some UNIX/GNU commands. So yeah if anyone has any pointers or advice it would help, and if any one knows any good websites or forums that have good information it would be appreciated, thank you. :)

You should perfect your first few skills and learn ninja tricks with those rather than knowing the basics of all languages.

+1 for the use of ninja

I would suggest starting at http://www.tizag.com/ after learning the gist of HTML. However, if you're more into programming I would use one of the languages you're already familiar with like C++ and try to master that. Also you may want to check into shell scripting.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone