I want to learn!

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

I want to learn!

Post by rogueviking on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 pm
([msg=66034]see I want to learn![/msg])

I'm willing to read and do whatever. I just want to make sure I do it efficiently. (The quickest ways to learn programming languages etc)

I know this is probably an annoying question but I really want to learn.

I want to learn how to hack computers. I honestly don't even know what it entails. If it helps narrow it down I'd like to be able to use it for the following reasons (I'm not going to do any of it illegally I just want to learn more about how computers and the net works) (if any of the following is possible)

-get passwords
-alter/take over websites
-forge emails
-remotely access and control other computers
-learn to use keyloggers or what have you
-build my own websites

I might end up using it as a means for activism but I mostly just want to learn.

1. Where should I start learning?
2. What are some good resources to use?
3. How do I know when to progress?
4. How do I know what to progress to?
5. Is there a specific order you should learn skills/programming languages?

6. How long does it take to become average. Not hacking the government famous, just being able to have some fun and impress friends.

Thanks a ton if you guys can help!
rogueviking
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I want to learn!

Post by deathwillcome800 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:41 pm
([msg=66035]see Re: I want to learn![/msg])

1.you can start learning anywhere really you can start hacking websites, doing ddos attacks anything i started in echo script which really isnt hacking and i was 1 of them high per kids that had to many skittles hehe but yea you can start off on programming thats a good start that the way i took

2.w3school, forums, books, and people that have experience that are willing to tell you stuff not all of them will bother messing with you sadly but w3school is good for learning java, php, sql, html for your website

3.it depends if you think that you should progress if you learned all the stuff on your list for starting off than go to more intense stuff like hacking websites than government websites.

4.like i sayed in (3) make a list and go threw it

5.nope everyone learns different you should go the way you want to go

6.do stuff like anonymous. if you want to goto jail just take down your school web server or website if your not in school than take down yahoo hehe

good luck with everything your wanting to do it takes years or months depends how you learn so get very good and get noticed by cnn best place to be noticed lol
Dont dis the noobs you where 1 of them before
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by rogueviking on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:22 pm
([msg=66036]see Re: I want to learn![/msg])

Has anyone heard of this guys tutorials? Are they any good?

youtube.com/thenewboston
rogueviking
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:26 pm
([msg=66037]see Re: I want to learn![/msg])

Welcome to HTS. Most people come in here just saying they want to learn to hack but never put any more thought into it. Know that it takes a lot of time and lot of learning, and most of the time you have to rely on self motivation because there are dry spells.

get passwords -- depending on what you are trying to get them off of these techniques vary, research how passwords work and are stored. Example: SAM file
alter/take over websites -- research website defacement and privilege escalation
forge emails -- this is called email spoofing
remotely access and control other computers -- research Remote Administration Tools (RATs)
learn to use keyloggers or what have you -- keyloggers come in many flavors
build my own websites -- HUGE topic and can be done from a premade builder or from complete scratch

1. Start with the challenges here.
2. Google is your best friend, you can nearly find any answer to any question out there. Don't ignore the best tool at your disposal. Once you find a topic you want to really get your teeth into, find books (ebooks, pdfs, hardcopies) that cover that topic. Finding all encompassing hacking books never tell you all the information you need to learn.
3. When you know the ins and outs of each step you are taking. For example; learning to crack WEP make sure you have looked at every angle of the concepts and techniques before you move onto WPA/WPA2.
4. This is an easier question to answer once you start learning something. In short, you'll know.
5. Not really, depends entirely on the individual.
6. Don't ever think about this. It keeps you too distracted and you will rush, skipping important steps in the learning process.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by deathwillcome800 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:00 pm
([msg=66042]see Re: I want to learn![/msg])

i never heard about thenewboston looks like hes a pretty good user looks like hes really into it
Dont dis the noobs you where 1 of them before
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to NZone