HTML questions

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

HTML questions

Post by hackinghelipilot on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 pm
([msg=65183]see HTML questions[/msg])

Hey all. I am new to hacking and did what a lot of ppl suggest, i read up on HTML and have a few questions about it. I have made it through basic mission 4 but dont really understand how to read the HTML. In mission 4 you are changing the email to have the password sent to yours. When opening the "view page source" how do I know which lines to open up to find the email location so that I can change it?
hackinghelipilot
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HTML questions

Post by hellow533 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:00 am
([msg=65184]see Re: HTML questions[/msg])

hackinghelipilot wrote:Hey all. I am new to hacking and did what a lot of ppl suggest, i read up on HTML and have a few questions about it. I have made it through basic mission 4 but dont really understand how to read the HTML. In mission 4 you are changing the email to have the password sent to yours. When opening the "view page source" how do I know which lines to open up to find the email location so that I can change it?

I see this way too often...
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tobiasente on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am
([msg=65190]see Re: HTML questions[/msg])

1. get firefox
2. get firebug or live http headers (but you really dont need that add-ons)

http://www.google.de/ :)
tobiasente
New User
New User

Post by Dahaar on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 am
([msg=65192]see Re: HTML questions[/msg])

Most of the time it also helps to just look thorugh the archive. There are literally hundreds of people asking the same thing, so just use the search button, it's there for a reason. Also, there is a part of the forum only for those missions, so please use it.

viewforum.php?f=14
Dahaar
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:51 pm
([msg=65216]see Re: HTML questions[/msg])

hackinghelipilot wrote:Hey all. I am new to hacking and did what a lot of ppl suggest, i read up on HTML and have a few questions about it. I have made it through basic mission 4 but dont really understand how to read the HTML. In mission 4 you are changing the email to have the password sent to yours. When opening the "view page source" how do I know which lines to open up to find the email location so that I can change it?

Generally the lines that refer to EMAIL would work...

tobiasente wrote:http://www.google.de/ :)

Someone's German...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to NZone