Where do I locate the knowledge?

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Where do I locate the knowledge?

Post by skmist on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:42 am
([msg=64998]see Where do I locate the knowledge?[/msg])

This post is... semi mission related, but I cant create a post in the mission section. My question is if I do not know the answer or cant come up with a solution then where can I find what I need to learn to overcome said challenges?
I'm asking if there is a centralized location that's recommended I refer too (Other than Google).
skmist
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Where do I locate the knowledge?

Post by apemax on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:00 am
([msg=65002]see Re: Where do I locate the knowledge?[/msg])

You can find help for the missions in that missions specific sub-forum. There is usually hints in the topic about that specific mission. :)
apemax
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 am
([msg=65007]see Re: Where do I locate the knowledge?[/msg])

Most definitely. The mission forums can help a lot of people. If you have specific questions, ask them there. Or if you don't want to post a spoiler, you can PM a mod or people who are willing to help.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by centip3de on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 pm
([msg=65011]see Re: Where do I locate the knowledge?[/msg])

Or you could just Google your problem, there's a ton of different people discussing how to complete the missions. While most of them contain spoilers, you could just read the part that you're having issues with, and move on.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:47 pm
([msg=65015]see Re: Where do I locate the knowledge?[/msg])

I basically try to do the mission and use what I know. If after a while I can't then I read the description and can get a gist of what I need to know. Then I focus my learning on that and learn, come back, and try again. Some missions have taken me quite some time to get. I'm talking months. I think the mistake people make is that they should finish the mission in the first try. For some missions this may be true. However, for missions where something new is presented, expect to take some time to learn and experiment.

To answer the main question: google and books.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by skmist on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 am
([msg=65024]see Re: Where do I locate the knowledge?[/msg])

Thanks for all the awesome responses :) Any recommended books? (In general) I'm finishing up college and my degree is as a web programmer, so I know the languages. I'm just using the knowledge in a different way. In my classes security was never discussed, so Its really cool that there are sites like this that I can learn about it. :)
skmist
New User
New User

Return to NZone