Language Compendium

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Language Compendium

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:57 am
([msg=64811]see Language Compendium[/msg])

Is there a reference guide on HTS of all the different computer languages? If not, may I ask why?
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Language Compendium

Post by centip3de on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 am
([msg=64813]see Re: Language Compendium[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:Is there a reference guide on HTS of all the different computer languages? If not, may I ask why?

On HTS? Well of course not. Why _would_ we put it on here? This is a place to learn and discuss (all from an educational standpoint, of course) the art of hacking. This isn't a one-stop shop for computers. Wikipedia on the other hand, does have such a list; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pr ... y_category
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:07 am
([msg=64814]see Re: Language Compendium[/msg])

That's exactly why I am confused; As a place of learning, why wouldn't there be more reference guides? Obviously, a person interested in security needs to learn how to research, observe, think, and problem solve. Having a reference guide for languages doesn't take away from the need to research and learn abroad the internet.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 am
([msg=64816]see Re: Language Compendium[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:That's exactly why I am confused; As a place of learning, why wouldn't there be more reference guides? Obviously, a person interested in security needs to learn how to research, observe, think, and problem solve. Having a reference guide for languages doesn't take away from the need to research and learn abroad the internet.

Well you see my good sir, that's why there is Google. We provide a lot of information about security on this site, but of course, not everyone's needs can be met. That's why we tell people to Google things, or use Wikipedia, when our provided links fall short.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 am
([msg=64818]see Re: Language Compendium[/msg])

Of course, =D thank you.

-- Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am --

I looked at that wiki link, talk about overwhelming..
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Return to NZone