Teach me Chain-Hack! pls!

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Teach me Chain-Hack! pls!

Post by -Th3V01d- on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:29 am
([msg=63694]see Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

Hi,

I want to learn Chain-Hack with telnet, i need to connect to one server, and then i need to use that server to connect to another... but how can i do that?? please HELP! :shock:
ImageДа будет Революция
-Th3V01d-
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls!

Post by pretentious on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:00 am
([msg=63695]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

-Th3V01d- wrote:please HELP! :shock:

Aaahhh :o are you in a hurry?
I don't think i've ever contributed anything of value to HTS :(
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 am
([msg=63726]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

-Th3V01d- wrote:Hi,

I want to learn Chain-Hack with telnet, i need to connect to one server, and then i need to use that server to connect to another... but how can i do that?? please HELP! :shock:

Hmmm.... No. Even if you do have a telnet port open, you can't do anything with it. People seem to have this crazy idea that if you can connect to a server you can hack it, even if it's with only telnet.
/rant

But, back to the question at hand, no. I feel like you saw this and took it as a real thing...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by -Th3V01d- on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:36 am
([msg=63729]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

so chain-hack is only a lie??
ImageДа будет Революция
-Th3V01d-
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:51 am
([msg=63733]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

It isn't possible? What if the server was running a really old version or something? Surely you could *adding fancy words to sound credible* exploit a buffer overflow vulnerability in an outdated service for privilege escalation?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DegreesKelvin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:04 pm
([msg=63735]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

To my opinion chain hacking is over dramatized by movies and TV.
[14:33:02] <FlutterBurp> Dear princess celestia, i finally found out what Alt + F4 Does, i lost a important document thanks to you. Yours pissed off Twilight sparkle.
DegreesKelvin
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 pm
([msg=63736]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

-Th3V01d- wrote:so chain-hack is only a lie??

No, not necessarily. Using telnet for anything practical is, however. Telnet is like a very, very, very crappy version of SSH. Once connected to a computer or server you can issue commands much like you would during SSH, but there is no "HACKMEHDOOOOOD" command that the OP is looking for. I would suggest to the OP that you read this.

But, what you call a "chain-hack" _is_ possible, but it'd be amazingly impractical. Why would you want to connect to one client, then hack another client from that client? You would have to download all of your tools on the original clients computer, and then try your best to hack someone else over an Internet connection which would lag the shit out of you. Also, what would happen if one of the clients along the line just turned off their computer and walked away? Lastly, why would you want to do this? Are you out for world domination? If you have no reason to hack somebody, don't do it.

Also, everything on elitehackers.com is a joke.

pretentious wrote:It isn't possible? What if the server was running a really old version or something? Surely you could *adding fancy words to sound credible* exploit a buffer overflow vulnerability in an outdated service for privilege escalation?

Like I said above, it is possible, but amazingly impractical and stupid. You could do exactly what you said right there, but what would be the point?

DegreesKelvin wrote:To my opinion chain hacking is over dramatized by movies and TV.

I've never seen this 'chain-hacking' in anything besides elitehackers.com
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 pm
([msg=63741]see Re: Teach me Chain-Hack! pls![/msg])

I think we're done here.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to NZone