Hacking question

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Hacking question

Post by Woogy on Mon May 26, 2008 11:35 pm
([msg=3298]see Hacking question[/msg])

I was thinking of how all these people want to hack MySpace and it crossed my mind. Could you use "Forgot My Password" and use a javascript injection to get them to email you someone elses password? If not, could you please explain?
Woogy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacking question

Post by DoTTiE on Tue May 27, 2008 6:19 am
([msg=3309]see Re: Hacking question[/msg])

if it was that easy, dont u think people would do that?

i dont think that's possible with myspace. myspace has an advanced(ish) security system. mostly anything everyone has tried, they have protected themselves against.

if u are here for an answer on how to actually hack myspace, u are in the wrong place.

DoTTiE
DoTTiE
DoTTiE
New User
New User

Post by Static-Oblivion on Tue May 27, 2008 9:13 am
([msg=3321]see Re: Hacking question[/msg])

if u are here for an answer on how to actually hack myspace, u are in the wrong place.

And yes it is possible.
Static-Oblivion
New User
New User

Post by banon on Tue May 27, 2008 6:13 pm
([msg=3371]see Re: Hacking question[/msg])

it is a bit diferent, but i once (like 3 years ago) found some javascript exploits on piczo (sp?) as a favor to a friend. piczo is a social networking site popular where i live. i found things like deleting some things (not much though) and viewing/bannig ip's of visitors if they left a message in the guestbook.

back to what i am trying to say...

the guestbook is a vunerable target in any site, so maybe check the myspace guestbook (if it has one) for exploitable features. also, do not waist your time trying to exploit the retrieve password function, that is a very obvious target so they are sure that it is secure, you may get lucky with hacking retrieve password, but likly not.
i am the eggman, i am the eggman, i am the walrus, goo goo ga choo - john lennon
banon
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:31 pm
([msg=3638]see Re: Hacking question[/msg])

a way they hack a lot is use something that makes it look like u have to log back in (when you really dont ) and thats where they get ya
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Return to NZone