Tutorials and learning

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Tutorials and learning

Post by ELorenz on Sat May 17, 2008 11:35 am
([msg=2657]see Tutorials and learning[/msg])

Ok, i was reading a post and realised that some people either have issues understanding the tutorials and/or understanding how to use the information. I'm going to put this out there like this. The tutorials can give good information about what you're working with and what you need to think about to figure out a mission. In some ways however the leap from learning the information to utilizing the information can be a bit far/counterintuitive for some. I personally had to have somebody explain how the syntax worked on a few things, or what needed to happen for the information to be used properly. How's that for vague. So I'm going to say this, if you are having a problem figuring out how the information is used, yet you know what information you are supposed to be using, there is a way to ask that.

For example -- I know what command I need to be using to gain access, but whenever I input the command in the available area nothing happens, how can/where can i find info about how to get a web page to accept the command?

I would be willing to answer this type of question. There are somethings in the real world where you have to know how to get the programs running for them to accept commands etc.

The point here is that this is the mechanics of using the information you learn, not searching for the information, find the information first, and if you are having problems with the mechanics make it clear you are doing the work and need a bit of help in that area. This is not an invitation for a walk through, this is an invitation for a bit of help in the mechanics of using information.
ELorenz
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tutorials and learning

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:53 pm
([msg=3659]see Re: Tutorials and learning[/msg])

thank you
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to NZone