Welcome noobs

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Welcome noobs

Post by DenyTheTruth on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:17 pm
([msg=16755]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:Thanks for clearing that up. Wasnt too sure on what the policy is on it.
~ Parruption in Coradise ~
DenyTheTruth
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Infamy on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 pm
([msg=17136]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Hello guys... Im just a noob so I would like to know " why is it important to learn all those languages (html, php, javascript, c++) to begin with hacking ? " thank you very much for your reply
Infamy
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:20 pm
([msg=17179]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

If your asking this you shouldnt be here.
These languages are the fundimentals of hacking. If you dont know them hacking is next to impossible. You cant get a program to do everything for you.
Learning them enables you to gain the knowledge of hacking. You manipulate them to do what you want.

That and many more reasons why learning the languages is so important.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by DenyTheTruth on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:36 pm
([msg=17189]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:If your asking this you shouldnt be here.
These languages are the fundimentals of hacking. If you dont know them hacking is next to impossible. You cant get a program to do everything for you.
Learning them enables you to gain the knowledge of hacking. You manipulate them to do what you want.

That and many more reasons why learning the languages is so important.

I approved this almost exclusively so I could strongly disagree with you. Infamy's lack of understanding, or ignorance, as to why these languages are necessary is exactly the reason he should be here. This site's basic function is to teach people what tools and methods are needed. As this is the NZone, this was possibly one of the best questions that could be asked.

Normally I agree with your posts but I feel that instead of berating him you could have given him information on what those are important and access to sites that would further his understanding of said information/languages.

Then again, you're welcome to your opinion.
DenyTheTruth
Poster
Poster

Post by Melandy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 am
([msg=17355]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Heyo all.

I was reading something about you hearing all the excuses about dogs dying during break ups or soemthing...

but I just need one small favor before I dive into the learning of the languages.

My dad locked himself out of his laptop with a 3 letter password that he can't remember. xD (it's kind of funny)

I managed to get into command prompt and all the info imputed to get to where you change the passoword, but I'm in the guest account, I keep getting system error 5, and I don't know how to access administrator to actually be successul in changing it, since I don't have the password to run cmd promt as admin. I can change the password on my comptuer, but that's because I can run it as admin.

I've tried everything my noobiness knows to do it. (this is actually the reason I'm becoming more active in learning about hackers... I've wanted to for years now- but -_- I'm lazy so I never got around to it.)

and um is there any of these languages I'm going to learn that you would recommend starting on? just asking.
Thank you.
you might think it's sad but I just entered my first html code thingy and I'm ecstatic and SO happy!!!

this is so much fun!
Melandy
New User
New User

Post by DenyTheTruth on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 pm
([msg=17403]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

I have a Windows Password Reset tool for problems just like those. It was given to me during a CCNA class when we all had our own computers year to year but if a student graduated/dropped someone else got their computer. Well, if they had locked the comp we needed a way in... and thus the password reset was distributed.

No, I will not send a copy to you. Just telling you they're available.
DenyTheTruth
Poster
Poster

Post by radicool_systemite on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:51 am
([msg=18873]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Thanks for pointing "newbies" in the right direction, guys!

I'd also like to give a big thanks to cereal and others for the helpful sites they've posted and being willing to answer questions. That w3school site on HTML is really great. I feel like I'm back in school again, err...well, not highs chool, mind you, but, you know...like...fun...school? (damnit)

Anyway, I only found that site by accident and it was from a link that Phil posted over in the networking section! I went back and had a look at the home page and there is A LOT of small print there, but I didn't see anything about "noobies here". (phhffff snigger). For some reason I'm blushing. Perhaps something like a large blinking button which reads "noobies click here"could help save time and a lot of double up "where do I begin" threads?
radicool_systemite
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by TheMindRapist on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:35 pm
([msg=18898]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

This is pinned, so it should be the first topic you see.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by phatbro on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:53 pm
([msg=18930]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

phatbro
New User
New User

Post by radicool_systemite on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:36 am
([msg=18947]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

This is pinned, so it should be the first topic you see.

"Should" is such a useful word, isn't it? Noobies should see it IF they make it to the forum, and IF they happen to know to click on the Nzone (why that should be the first thread they click on is not clear), and IF they happen to notice the pinned topic which is the same black and blue color as all the other many black and white buttons to click on all over this forum.

A prominent button on the home page should help to avoid a lot of wasted time either for noobies looking for the correct thread, or regulars answering questions about which is the correct thread. Having said that, I think the whole website + forum is really great and I'm very happy to be here. Please don't take my small criticism as anything personal as it's definitely not meant that way.

thanks.
radicool_systemite
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone