I want to learn - I have learned  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: I want to learn - I have learned

Post by sandsphinx on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:06 pm
([msg=26319]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

My way of learning so to speak is by far easier than alot of other theories i have heard. I'm not saying that the way you are working is wrong, but just trying to give tips to guys/gals that want to learn and don't know where to begin.

First of all, whatever anyone says, HTML is by far the first to learn, it is easy, structured, and is great for getting kids into recognizing how syntax works, and how it changes to different languages.

Then after you are quite sturdy in HTML, i suggest you learn javascript, it is the easy, a little more complicated than HTML, but not very hard. It has so much potentail you'll think you are the "bees-knees" after you've learnt, i promise.

Then after javascript, i recommend, PHP, this took alot of time for me, and it was hard, but it payed off. Then you might consider learning python. This might seem daunting but i promise that it is not as hard as you think, just be willing to work and learn and it will come in no time.

For the computer deprived of kids, such as myself, who does not have alot of time on my hands i suggest you learn more and more every time you are on the pc. It will benefit you in the end.

Towards the end of python, i suggest Java, and C. These i have not yet learnt but i'm looking forward to learning them.
Keep it cool, and keep it going....
sandsphinx
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by fly1ngp0t4t0 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:14 am
([msg=27119]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

My second post on this forum so far lol.

I am a jack of all trades ,but master at none =P

I have a working knowledge of HTML.

I'm learning Javascript, C, CSS(yeah I said I'm a noob), PHP and (I don't know whether this has any application at all in hacking but...) Actionscript.

I wanna be able to master these languages before the end of next year =P
fly1ngp0t4t0
New User
New User

Post by ahndoruuu on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm
([msg=27198]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn Python.

I currently know no other scripting/programming languages, this will be my first milestone. I set no time limit because when truly learning it should be a never-ending process.
ahndoruuu
New User
New User

Post by Se7enBlaydz on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:00 am
([msg=27210]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn everything I can on computers. I want to gain the knowledge to obtain my Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification and beyond. I'm learning PERL, javascript, and HTML. I've been learning what I need to know to get through the trainings and get more information on my own afterwards, so I'm learning like 5 different languages and techniques all at once. I don't know if it's bad to that or not, but my guess is that you need to know pretty much everything on computer languages, computer science, and using the "hacking tools of the trade (i.e, brutus, wireshark, etc.).
"Embrace nothing:
If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha.
If you meet your father, kill your father.
Only live your life as it is,
Not bound to anything."
Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta
Se7enBlaydz
New User
New User

Post by bartuuin on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm
([msg=27385]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I am proficient in HTML,XHTML,CSS,Javascript,SQL injection, and finally Javascript injection.I am also good in batch coding.I would like to learn more about C++,Assembly,PHP, and finally Python or Ruby.I use google to do all my research.I am also proficient in Linux,Windows, and Mac.I am having trouble finding an assembler so anyone who would be willing to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
bartuuin
New User
New User

Post by lastcrossnight on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 pm
([msg=28081]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

Ok,now i'm learning C and html, i have target to learning C++ in Future.
This way to right ?

Sorry,I'm using Eng Bad!!!

Thank You
lastcrossnight
New User
New User

Post by armywatts1 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:01 pm
([msg=28120]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I take one step at a time and soak up all I can about that one thing before moving on to the next obstacle.

learned: HTML

now learning: How to hack applications using HTS application missions (any help on doing this will be much appreciated. e-mail/PM me)

next to learn: hacking into login screens on websites (username/password log in)

Have a nice day and all help is welcomed,
Watts, Christopher (U. S. Army)
armywatts1
New User
New User

Post by CJ-Smooth on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 pm
([msg=28222]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

I want to learn everything possible. I need to start at the very beginning, and I need someone to point it to me and tell me where to start. Also I will need a guide on what to learn and when to learn or basically a schedule on whats next and what I should to further my skills in on/it.
CJ-Smooth
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:22 pm
([msg=28487]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

Start with the basics...literally. Do the basic missions, then apply some of that to the Realistic missions. Take notes on what you do and how you complete missions, as references. Expand to application challenges and programming challenges. Read through the forums when you get stuck, use google & do a lot of reading. Good luck!
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by Etelerix on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:26 am
([msg=29612]see Re: I want to learn - I have learned[/msg])

So far I think I've got a good handle on HTML/CSS....

I've got a basic idea of javascript

Python is killing me :evil: I've been looking at online tutorials for several weeks now and all I can do is the stupid hello world thing and I can use it as a calculator...
Etelerix
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone