I need help with CMD

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

I need help with CMD

Post by GH05T_LE on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:27 pm
([msg=81580]see I need help with CMD[/msg])

i'm sorry if this is on the wrong boards. I'm new to hacking and to this site. completely new like i just started learning yesterday. i started learning some command lines for the Command Prompt. one was the netstat. it worked yesterday when i tried to find open ports from my dad's ip address but now when i do it, it shows my ip address even though i specifically typed in his. does anyone know whats going on?
GH05T_LE
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I need help with CMD

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:58 pm
([msg=81583]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

Netstat shows the NETwork STATistics, so if your computer isn't connected to your dad's pc, it will not show that IP-address. It doesn't matter whether or not his computer is actually on-line. A better way to check for other computer available on the network is using a port scanner (e.g. Nmap) or just PING them all. You need to create a bat script to do the latter however. Another way would be to access the router.

Note that you can use netstat to easily find which programs use which connections over the network and Internet, which is what it was designed for. It can also be used to check routing tables, network interfaces and network protocols used for the connections. Have fun! ;)

Edit: Also, perfectly posted. My only comment; be more strict in punctuation if you can. And of course, welcome to HTS.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GH05T_LE on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:26 pm
([msg=81588]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

Honestly didn't know punctuation really mattered. not to sound rude or anything. my dad's pc was on the same network which is why i tried netstat last night. it worked and i tried connecting to a port. this was more of a test just to see if i could remotely access his laptop. that's what i told was possible to do using command prompt.
GH05T_LE
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:39 pm
([msg=81590]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

First part, well, we can only see what you type, therefore it's customary to type as intelligently and accurately as you can. Second part, I think you were being lied to, I don't know of any way to directly use the command prompt on Windows without additional software to take over someone else's pc without a service running on the other computer. Included with all Windows installations is Remote Desktop, maybe that's what they referred to? It's pretty hard to 'just' take over someone's pc if you don't know what you're doing and definitely harder using Windows only.
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GH05T_LE on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:39 pm
([msg=81591]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

That's actually very very helpful. I'm very pleased as a newbie here that people like you are still out there actually helping. im being told as well to download Sub7 but i don't understand how it works considering my anti virus just deletes it and if i disable my anti virus that leaves me open. any ideas for that? i honestly feel really stupid because a lot of newbies here know something hacking already and i literally know nothing.
GH05T_LE
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:17 am
([msg=81596]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

OK, I'm going to throw you a bone to research. Sub7 is a RAT (Remote Administration Tool), just like Remote Desktop is. The only difference is that Sub7 was also used by malware as a backdoor into a system, while Remote Desktop was never designed for that. This is the reason that it will be detected as a hacker tool and deleted. To prevent the anti-virus from removing it, you need to exclude that specific file from being scanned when active scanning is on. How to do this differs from one vendor to the next, so find out how to do that. If you're serious about discovering how to take over a computer, you'll need to learn how to use Linux and after that move to Kali. While you're at it, learn to code and adopt the hacker mentality.

If all you want to do is press a few buttons to take over a pc without knowing how it works or what it does, I will not help you. Simply because that knowledge is dangerous if used incorrectly and can get you into a lot of trouble very fast. Besides, you will be labelled as a script kiddie and discarded as someone unwilling to learn. Just a heads-up... Learning how to really use a computer to do your bidding instead of the other way around is great fun, but it's your choice what you want. As I said, while it's hard to 'just' take over a computer, the results are rewarding if you're willing to learn about it.
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GH05T_LE on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:02 am
([msg=81599]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

Thanks. I actually have researched a bit and i ended up dual booting Ubuntu to try to learn how to use it but it wouldnt connect to my wifi for some reason and i couldnt figure out how to set it up so i didnt bother. its still on my system though. And no i would not like to be a script kiddie. i actually want to learn and have done a little bit of coding already for website making with some Java and CSS and i used to take a visual basic programming class in high school. i'm not amazing with it but i do want to learn more and possibly become like a white hat or even possibly a gray hat. i really do appreciate your help
GH05T_LE
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 am
([msg=81600]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

Jumping back to your original question. Netstat isn't really designed for that. You want Nmap. Also sub7 is very old school and you aren't really going to find a version that isn't going to be instantly blocked by nearly every anti-virus software out there. But cyberdrain did hit on some good points for you research. Welcome to HTS and don't hesitate to ask questions while you learn/experiment.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:50 pm
([msg=81610]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

My apologies to being somewhat hesitant at first. There's a lot of people coming here determined to 'learn' how to hack like a skiddie.

Crash course for checking what the problem with the Wireless drivers can be: 'ifconfig' shows the currently available network interfaces and IP-addresses and stuff when applicable, 'iwconfig' (w as in wireless config) shows some settings about the wireless interfaces specifically and 'dmesg' can be used to read error messages (add ' | grep -i <input>' to search for <input> case insensitive). Run these commands in a command line interface (CLI)/virtual terminal. If they won't run (permission denied/root needed/etc.), you might want to add 'sudo ' (super user do) in front of the commands. Maybe you'll find something to debug the issue with and you may of course PM me as well, if you want help. Lastly: Welcome! :D
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GH05T_LE on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:28 pm
([msg=81699]see Re: I need help with CMD[/msg])

i know its a late response but thank you both but i have downloaded nmap but i dont understand it. its just a file and not a program so idk where it goes or how to run it so i'll probably be looking that up now and seeing if i can get an answer. i have to try to learn Ubuntu though it'll take a long time im sure but i just gotta try and keep my mind on it and know what to do because i'll admit i get bored and side tracked fast. its hard to stick to mmo's and i love them lol.
GH05T_LE
New User
New User

Next

Return to NZone