PSTools Help

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

PSTools Help

Post by hamilston3 on Sat May 24, 2014 9:36 pm
([msg=80977]see PSTools Help[/msg])

Hi,
I've recently started using PSTools and I set up this little hacking scenario where I connect my laptop to the wireless and with my PC i'd try to shut it down using psshutdown. I can get it to work just fine knowing the password, but how would one go about doing this without knowing any passwords to a laptop?

Let's say someone hacks into my wireless and I want to shutdown their computer. How can I use PSTools to shutdown their computer without any knowledge to credentials.

(I know how to find Ip addresses it's mostly the username and password part i can't get past)

Help please?
hamilston3
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PSTools Help

Post by pretentious on Sun May 25, 2014 3:41 am
([msg=80981]see Re: PSTools Help[/msg])

hamilston3 wrote:i'd try to shut it down using psshutdown. I can get it to work just fine knowing the password, but how would one go about doing this without knowing any passwords to a laptop?

Is this the mind shattering point that you realize hacking isn't just typing commands and numbers into a consol?
I havn't used pstools before, had to google it. So I'm not in the best position to answer but i'm tempted to mention metaspolit( which i have equally as little experience with :P) yeah that's all I got
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Re: PSTools Help

Post by cyberdrain on Sun May 25, 2014 5:22 pm
([msg=80987]see Re: PSTools Help[/msg])

Why not just use the built-in shutdown.exe from Windows? If I recall correctly you can use that to remotely shut down a computer in your network. There also seems to be a version similar to that but for Windows 7, though I can't find it. Anyway, shutting down a pc not owned by you will probably require hacking the pc. Good luck learning it :)

Edit: shutdown.exe requires Remote Registry Service to be enabled. The default is on for Windows XP, though I don't know the defaults for the rest.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Return to NZone