Another new guy asking questions*

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Another new guy asking questions*

Post by robinnogs on Sun May 18, 2014 2:01 pm
([msg=80808]see Another new guy asking questions*[/msg])

I am new to hacking, but I am not asking to be spoon-fed information here...

I am starting to learn linux and C++/Xcode... My question is: if one was to want to know how to program with a phone (say, a galaxy note 2) or use it more along the lines of a PC, what languages would they go about learning? I just don't want to waste a ton of time, because learning any language takes a lot of time, and be able to hack using my phone or vice versa.

I would consider myself to be a gray hat hacker (aren't we all :D) and I want to learn how to do some pretty cool stuff with code. I also think that this is not a hobby so much as necessity. Pretty soon, kids in school will be learning code right after they are taught to type. It is 2014.

SO, linux first, C++ second and xcode third, bad idea? I am learning how to hack on a mac, is that hindering?

Any advice is welcome! ... Sorry about mis-leading title troloolololol
robinnogs
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Heartbleed Heartsmeed

Post by Tentra on Sun May 18, 2014 4:16 pm
([msg=80809]see Re: Heartbleed Heartsmeed[/msg])

What does this have to do with Heartbleed?

robinnogs wrote:if one was to want to know how to program with a phone (say, a galaxy note 2) or use it more along the lines of a PC, what languages would they go about learning?

I don't undetstand what you're wanting to do. Do you intend to use your phone as a computer replacement? Or are you wanting to use your phone as the host to launch attacks from? Please clarify so we can help you further.

I assume the latter, in which case, Java is a safe bet. Java is C-like, however hides a lot of the ugly stuff you would have to deal with when using C/C++. All Android applications are written using Java, however, you can also write programs to run on your phone using C/C++, Python, Ruby, or any number of the compile-to-java languages.

robinnogs wrote:SO, linux first, C++ second and xcode third, bad idea? I am learning how to hack on a mac, is that hindering?

If you want to learn how to program on Android, then learn to program on Android. Linux, C++, and XCode have nothing to do with Android. OS X is fine for what you're doing, I don't understand why so many people stress moving to Linux; if what you're using causes no problems, then don't change it.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Re: Another new guy asking questions*

Post by cyberdrain on Sun May 18, 2014 4:31 pm
([msg=80811]see Re: Another new guy asking questions*[/msg])

I would advice against trolling on the forum especially as one of your first posts, but hey, you go ahead :roll:
Last edited by cyberdrain on Mon May 19, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Sun May 18, 2014 5:32 pm
([msg=80823]see Re: Another new guy asking questions*[/msg])

robinnogs wrote:Sorry about mis-leading title troloolololol

No.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Mikdar on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 am
([msg=81300]see Re: Another new guy asking questions*[/msg])

Ok, I am going to answer you as best I can, so here it goes!

If you want to hack using an android phone, you will need to root it first (google that + device name and model number), after you have gained root, you download DSploit for android, it is not on playstore so you will have to google as well. Now you can use tools on your android to hack (Just don't be stupid and do anything illegal)

As for your programming question, if you wish to physically code and compile on your phone there is a good java one that you can use and also a C# one, they are however lightweight and not beginner friendly. If you wish to write code designed FOR phones then I would recommend C# or Java as both are easy enough to learn and are mobile friendly. (Although this can vary depending on your ability etc.)

Hope this helped,
Mikdar.

PS. First post :D
Mikdar
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 pm
([msg=81309]see Re: Another new guy asking questions*[/msg])

I don't want to complain about your first post here (Welcome btw ;) ), but you do know the guy/girl who asked this is long gone, right? That aside, solid advice.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NZone