Registration issue

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Registration issue

Post by ManicTypist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 pm
([msg=79967]see Registration issue[/msg])

Hey everyone. Just discovered the site tonight. I hope to learn some things here.

To the point:

My wife was assigned some of the missions for a class, but when she attempts to register no confirmation email shows up in her account. So I gave it a try, and it went to my email no problem. The only thing I can think of is that hers is a .edu email address, and perhaps the university's IT-sec is filtering out the email? We of course have checked her spam folder in her email account.

I also tried searching for this issue before posting. Didn't find an earlier post on this exact subject.

Much obliged for any advice.
ManicTypist
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Registration issue

Post by Goatboy on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:46 pm
([msg=79968]see Re: Registration issue[/msg])

ManicTypist wrote:The only thing I can think of is that hers is a .edu email address, and perhaps the university's IT-sec is filtering out the email?

That'd be my guess. My highschool tried to set up a web content firewall once. They blocked the word "hack" indiscriminately. And "breast". Good times. College didn't care what you looked at.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
19JAW6GabFHqe9yD9rr26QL3W3V2pNitbD
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Re: Registration issue

Post by nappily_ever_after on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:46 am
([msg=80072]see Re: Registration issue[/msg])

Also had some registration issues. Never received the confirmation email for the school's .edu email address I tried, or my yahoo.com email, or a risup.net email (checking spam, waiting hours, etc.). Finally tried with a gmail and it came through immediately. Strange.
nappily_ever_after
New User
New User

Return to NZone