HackTilYouYack wrote:Obviously I'm a rookie here, I want to learn how to access someone else's computer through my own to access information. For example my son's facebook login and password.
And now assuming that the stated information is a hypothetical scenario and that no one would ever commit such a terrible act of privacy violation *cough*NSA*cough*, you can hypothetically utilize many different techniques to get a facebook login and password. given your situation, i assume that you are on the same network as him, and probably even have access to his computer.
if you have access to his computer, you can:
1. install a keylogger into his computer. this will listen to all of the key input that he gives, and then it's a simple task of collecting the file with the keys in it, and reading through it, looking for where he typed in the username and password
2. configure his default browser to seemlessly pass through an HTTP/HTTPS proxy that you've convieniently set up on you own computer (like ZAP), and maybe adding a certificate to his browser so that your proxy will be able to read HTTPS traffic.
3. if he saves the username and password in his browser, use a special tool which extracts any saved usernames/passwords in his browser (i think chrome got massively scoulded for this recently)
if you have access to his network, you can:
1. run a simple tool like firesheep to hijack his facebook session
2. run a better tool like subterfuge to collect his facebook login (i'm not sure whether this will actually pierce HTTPS)
3. run a complex man-in-the-middle attack with sslstrip running, and then just go through the collected information with wireshark or w/e awesome tool they have for that now (dsniff?)
if you don't have access to neither the computer nor the network, don't fret, you can still get him because technology tends to be flawed, and people tend to be terribly ignorant/stupid. you can:
1. perform a social engineering attack; make a facebook account and make it look like you are the adminstator or tech support of facebook, send him a message telling him some bull about why you need his password, and get it from him
2. contact him on some form of social media and link him to a file that you uploaded which contains a backdoor which he may simply run thinking that it's a "game" or an "update" or w/e, then you can perform any of the techniques under "if you have access to his computer"
3. come up with something absolutely crazy which just might work and try it. seriously, that's how most hacking techniques are developed.
4. become an real hacker and learn all of this stuff like it's your weekday morning routine