Starting Off

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Starting Off

Post by HackTilYouYack on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 am
([msg=77682]see Starting Off[/msg])

Obviously I'm a rookie here, I want to learn how to access someone else's computer through my own to access information. For example my son's facebook login and password.
HackTilYouYack
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Starting Off

Post by Amazingred on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:56 am
([msg=77683]see Re: Starting Off[/msg])

Perhaps you're confused about what it is we do here.

First of all.....from the Facebook Legal page under the heading "Safety" item number 5 says:
"You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else."

which in turn means you weren't paying attention to the Hackthissite.org legal info when you signed up. Item number 2 after the bolded line saying "Your usage of this website constitutes your agreement to the following terms."

Hack This Site does not encourage, condone, or orchestrate attempts to hack into other servers or any other illegal activities.

so to answer your question:

Ask him his password....He's your son so unless he's your GROWN son and living on his own it means you have the ability to control certain aspects of his life for his own safety if nothing else. Since you're his dad and you will have told him that you're not spying, you're showing an interest in keeping him safe....he'll prolly give it to you. If he doesn't you could always make him read a book instead of getting online until he breaks.

Otherwise we cannot help you. Parent or not he's got rights to privacy just like you do.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by WallShadow on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm
([msg=77688]see Re: Starting Off[/msg])

HackTilYouYack wrote:Obviously I'm a rookie here, I want to learn how to access someone else's computer through my own to access information. For example my son's facebook login and password.

And now assuming that the stated information is a hypothetical scenario and that no one would ever commit such a terrible act of privacy violation *cough*NSA*cough*, you can hypothetically utilize many different techniques to get a facebook login and password. given your situation, i assume that you are on the same network as him, and probably even have access to his computer.

if you have access to his computer, you can:
1. install a keylogger into his computer. this will listen to all of the key input that he gives, and then it's a simple task of collecting the file with the keys in it, and reading through it, looking for where he typed in the username and password
2. configure his default browser to seemlessly pass through an HTTP/HTTPS proxy that you've convieniently set up on you own computer (like ZAP), and maybe adding a certificate to his browser so that your proxy will be able to read HTTPS traffic.
3. if he saves the username and password in his browser, use a special tool which extracts any saved usernames/passwords in his browser (i think chrome got massively scoulded for this recently)

if you have access to his network, you can:
1. run a simple tool like firesheep to hijack his facebook session
2. run a better tool like subterfuge to collect his facebook login (i'm not sure whether this will actually pierce HTTPS)
3. run a complex man-in-the-middle attack with sslstrip running, and then just go through the collected information with wireshark or w/e awesome tool they have for that now (dsniff?)

if you don't have access to neither the computer nor the network, don't fret, you can still get him because technology tends to be flawed, and people tend to be terribly ignorant/stupid. you can:
1. perform a social engineering attack; make a facebook account and make it look like you are the adminstator or tech support of facebook, send him a message telling him some bull about why you need his password, and get it from him
2. contact him on some form of social media and link him to a file that you uploaded which contains a backdoor which he may simply run thinking that it's a "game" or an "update" or w/e, then you can perform any of the techniques under "if you have access to his computer"
3. come up with something absolutely crazy which just might work and try it. seriously, that's how most hacking techniques are developed.
4. become an real hacker and learn all of this stuff like it's your weekday morning routine
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 am
([msg=77752]see Re: Starting Off[/msg])

This is purely for educational purposes:

For example my son's facebook login and password.

If you are on the same local network then you may want to research Man in the middle attacks with SSLstrip.

-- Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:46 am --

WallShadow wrote:3. run a complex man-in-the-middle attack with sslstrip running, and then just go through the collected information with wireshark or w/e awesome tool they have for that now (dsniff?)

^ This if on same network is the way to go. It's not really complex at all, but will require some personal research.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone