New Here

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

New Here

Post by Shadow-Strike on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 pm
([msg=77547]see New Here[/msg])

Hello all,

Just thought I would introduce myself. You can call me Shadow, or Shadow-Strike is fine. I'm not necessarily new to hacking. I've dabbled in it since I was young but never really took the time to take it seriously. Now that I'm older with responsibilities, I wish I would have taken it serious while I had all the free time in the world haha. But, better late than never.

I won't bug you all with all the "How do I hack" bs, I'll continue to try learning on my own. Hopefully this site has the information I'll need to get more in depth. I know a bit of UNIX code, HTML, CSS and I run both Ubuntu 12.04 and Backtrack 5r3 on my laptop. I guess the stuff I know is more Web Development oriented, but I'd like to get into Pen-Testing or Android App Development (Java seems like Chinese to me though, I've found).

Any help along the way would be much appreciated. I look forward to being part of the community.
Shadow-Strike
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New Here

Post by tremor77 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:11 pm
([msg=77548]see Re: New Here[/msg])

Welcome to HTS.

Helpful hint, you'll probably want to pick up Python.
tremor77

Re: New Here

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm
([msg=77549]see Re: New Here[/msg])

You should upgrade your backtrack 5r3 to Kali Linux now <3
Android development can be done on a number of languages now, actually!

Also, welcome to the community!
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone