New Here

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

New Here

Post by Shadow-Strike on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 pm
([msg=77547]see New Here[/msg])

Hello all,

Just thought I would introduce myself. You can call me Shadow, or Shadow-Strike is fine. I'm not necessarily new to hacking. I've dabbled in it since I was young but never really took the time to take it seriously. Now that I'm older with responsibilities, I wish I would have taken it serious while I had all the free time in the world haha. But, better late than never.

I won't bug you all with all the "How do I hack" bs, I'll continue to try learning on my own. Hopefully this site has the information I'll need to get more in depth. I know a bit of UNIX code, HTML, CSS and I run both Ubuntu 12.04 and Backtrack 5r3 on my laptop. I guess the stuff I know is more Web Development oriented, but I'd like to get into Pen-Testing or Android App Development (Java seems like Chinese to me though, I've found).

Any help along the way would be much appreciated. I look forward to being part of the community.
Shadow-Strike
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New Here

Post by tremor77 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:11 pm
([msg=77548]see Re: New Here[/msg])

Welcome to HTS.

Helpful hint, you'll probably want to pick up Python.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Here

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm
([msg=77549]see Re: New Here[/msg])

You should upgrade your backtrack 5r3 to Kali Linux now <3
Android development can be done on a number of languages now, actually!

Also, welcome to the community!
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone