Quick Language Question!

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Quick Language Question!

Post by UltimateVolkov on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:30 pm
([msg=77350]see Quick Language Question![/msg])

I just started recently and I've decided to learn these languages Python and Java for programming, HTML, Css, JavaScript, and JQuarry for websites, but also MySQL and PHP working with the server. I know I can learn a couple of these languages from code academy and teamtreehouse but other then that I'm not sure where to begin with the others except for Google but I keep getting forum websites with just questions about a certain part of the language and YouTube of course but I'm more a person to read it and take notes over the subject so when I need it again I can just go back to see it. Does anyone have any website references?
UltimateVolkov
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Quick Language Question!

Post by pretentious on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:57 pm
([msg=77352]see Re: Quick Language Question![/msg])

Most of the languages I've delt with have dedicated websites featuring the libraries API's and so forth as well as tutorials. Are there any specific languages that you can't find an exhaustive start to finish resource on?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Quick Language Question!

Post by centip3de on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 pm
([msg=77362]see Re: Quick Language Question![/msg])

UltimateVolkov wrote:I just started recently and I've decided to learn these languages Python and Java for programming, HTML, Css, JavaScript, and JQuarry for websites, but also MySQL and PHP working with the server. I know I can learn a couple of these languages from code academy and teamtreehouse but other then that I'm not sure where to begin with the others except for Google but I keep getting forum websites with just questions about a certain part of the language and YouTube of course but I'm more a person to read it and take notes over the subject so when I need it again I can just go back to see it. Does anyone have any website references?

If you want to read to learn, the documentation for each language generally gives you a good feel for how it all works. Past that, there are books and ebooks of course for each language.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to NZone