Beginner question

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Beginner question

Post by UltimateVolkov on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 am
([msg=77311]see Beginner question[/msg])

I know what I want to focus on Security for me be able to find vulnerability's in someones website, computer, or server is a challenge, a test to see who's better at it. Well my question is what are some of the languages used to create software for security purposes or what languages are used to exploit certian security systems. I don't really want to be a web developer, web designer, or programmer I would just like to focus on security but I want to learn some of the languages so my knowledge would be beyond using the software used for pen testing.
UltimateVolkov
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Beginner question

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 am
([msg=77313]see Re: Beginner question[/msg])

Well, almost any language can be used to exploit vulnerabilities. I think some of the most common languages are going to be Python, Ruby, Java/Script, and anything of the C breed. For local/program exploits, I would recommend you to get familiar with assembly code, as most things will get broken down to assembly before machine code.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Re: Beginner question

Post by Goatboy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:54 am
([msg=77315]see Re: Beginner question[/msg])

Security is not a feature of any language in particular. A good programmer can write secure code in any language, and a bad programmer can write insecure code in any language. Security is a mindset and a best practice at the same time. You don't "add in" security after the main features are in place unless you want things to break.

In order to understand how to break something, you have to learn how it works.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to NZone