Missions

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Missions

Post by SledgePalm on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm
([msg=75969]see Missions[/msg])

Hey,

While I am relatively new at "hacking", I am not new at coding and I was wondering if, for any of the missions, it is necessary to download some other program to help me solve the missions.
I have seen a lot of people posting things about firebug, Jack the Ripper, or some other program to change or decode something.

As I would much rather solve these missions with my own code and work, do I HAVE to download any extra program to do them, or would it only just make my life easier?

On a different subject, I solved the first programing mission using java, and come good old (and fast), copy and pasting.
Is it possible to have a program take something off a website as input and display it back onto the website?
(not including something in the source code) And while I am sure there is, what is the best way/language to do this it?

Thanks
SledgePalm
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Missions

Post by limdis on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:44 pm
([msg=75971]see Re: Missions[/msg])

Not for the basic missions no. However, past those there are some that require additional software. They are directed to introduce you to some common ones, such as john the ripper, but they themselves are not specifically required. Such as a hex editor. Just find any one that works.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Re: Missions

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:51 pm
([msg=75972]see Re: Missions[/msg])

java can definitely handle grabbing web pages, and submitting web forms.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to NZone