Newbie help

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Newbie help

Post by mikl390171 on Thu May 30, 2013 6:19 pm
([msg=75866]see Newbie help[/msg])

I am new, and i have no idea what i am doing what so ever. is there any help that i could get. my end of year goal for next year is basically to hack into my schools website and mess with it a bit before i graduate. However they have two ex it pros who made the site. I want to be able to not only take down the site, but also make it so anyone can go onto any site without any block. Honestly any advice is welcome but just looking at stuff does not seem to help. Actual missions that show what does what versus reading things helps more. thanks and im sorry i am such a newbie
mikl390171
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Newbie help

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu May 30, 2013 6:51 pm
([msg=75867]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

Just for the record, that's illegal.

Next, note the disclaimer.

Lastly, read this:https://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=9726
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by mikl390171 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:43 pm
([msg=75926]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

after i read what i wrote i was a bit in shock. to tell you the truth i have no idea what i was thinking when i wrote it. all i want to know is if it was possible to unblock the schools web filter and how illegal that would be. i basically want to be able to do what the realistic 12 mission was and unblock everything. i do not want to deface the site. but is that still illegal?

-- Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:53 pm --

after reading one of the things you posted my eyes opened a bit more. Truly before reading it i saw hacking as a way to break things and bypass, nothing more. I honestly wish i could fully take all these posts of mine off after the stupidity i wrote. oh well. But in the end i do hope to understand hacking as it has been a dream of mine for awhile. So now is the true question... where should i go from here. i currently dont know. iv done the basic stuff but i feel that i have not much grown from them, and i feel like i am truly leagues away from the realistic. Is there a specific thing i should learn in order to figuire this stuff out? or should i just research until i find new answers specific to me?
mikl390171
New User
New User

Post by DrRoach on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:54 am
([msg=75930]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

I would advise you to learn HTML it's the best place to start and good luck
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm
([msg=75935]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

Don't worry about being embarrassed. Everyone has to start somewhere. It's not "illegal" per se but it would definitely be against the rules of your school and could get you expelled.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by brutal_hacker on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:42 pm
([msg=75940]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

Heres a tip alot of so called admins aren't as daft as you think I have taken my high school and college highschool admins for fools and messed around with them but there new to the business and messing around with a school network isnt exactlly causing harm when walls are not set up. But I have met some lets say lazy admins that really know what there doing. They got the job for a reason dont underestimate it.

If you want to hack the site why not talk to these IT pros say your interested in security and would like to seek it as a profession and if they would let you test the site. Actually scrap that they will probably hand you a suspension as said before its illegal hella fun but illegal you dont want a criminal record when your starting off.

-- Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 pm --

mikl390171 wrote:to hack into my schools website and mess with it a bit before i graduate. However they have two ex it pros who made the site. I want to be able to not only take down the site, but also make it so anyone can go onto any site without any block.

fashizzlepop wrote:It's not "illegal" per se

Deleting destroying editing removing or all of the above of files on servers not belonging to you is against the law there is no grey scale the only grey scale is what punishment they see fit. Its just the same as breaking into someones house it is there/ company servers.
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 pm
([msg=75962]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

You won't get a suspension for Asking.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by duskwillcrush on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:42 pm
([msg=76427]see Re: Newbie help[/msg])

You could do what i did in highschool... Get a proxy site and use it, technically its looked down upon but your not causing any harm to anyone ya know. good luck dude!
duskwillcrush
New User
New User

Return to NZone