Anyone have some free time to help with a school game?

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Anyone have some free time to help with a school game?

Post by brinks56 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:22 pm
([msg=75409]see Re: Anyone have some free time to help with a school game?[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:If you can use outside resources, why do you not just get the Backtrack (or Kali Linux) .iso file on a USB/CD and pop that baby in? Full access to tools.

I actually downloaded the backtrack iso and have installed it on my laptop. My problem is figuring out how to use the tools to attack computers on the network at school from my home computer. I am trying to learn networking as I have little experience with it.

I am going to play around with that tonight and see if i can figure something out.

Thanks for the link to the scripts video. i will check that out also.

hellow533 wrote:^He has limit powers and permissions, he isn't allowed to install anything on the machine. Maybe he might want to look in to getting those permissions though, what team leader doesn't know wont hurt him.

I have finally gotten ahold of my team leader and persuaded him to fix this issue. It took me going to the professor to get him to do this. This should be done by thursday, at which point i feel i can have more success.

As far as the RAT goes, did you mean something like Dark Comet. I will have to run that on wine, which I will be able to install on Thursday. Also, I know that is geared towards Windows boxes. Can you access linux machines with this tool. Sorry to ask, I couldn't find any info about using it to connect to a linux box.

No success yet, but I have already learned a bunch of stuff from the posts you guys have written.

Thanks
brinks56
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anyone have some free time to help with a school game?

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:55 pm
([msg=75410]see Re: Anyone have some free time to help with a school game?[/msg])

I think for linux machines, you would want to get a backdoor or rootkit on the machine opposed to a remote administration tool.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to NZone