starting with nothing

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

starting with nothing

Post by ofek960 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 am
([msg=75250]see starting with nothing[/msg])

Hello
I've been trying to do this so many times that I can't even remember the first time that I felt this "fire" inside me.
I'm so eager to learn and to know how to develop new skills or how to use mine,but I don't know how,
I don't know where to begin with,yes,I googled many times and yes,I read this article twice https://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=9726&sid=2678d72aeea8d237ffe3575765c8cf8e
and yet,I've got nothing to begin with.
I know ASM and C a little bit and I'm learning Network Management but I feel like I'm not getting better
Please,You're my last resort,this is my dream - I just wanna learn but I don't know how and where
Like I just said it's my dream to learn and to absorb this kind of knowledge in order to serve in the army as a Hacker.
Give me everything you can,everything that might help me to get started because I've got only one year until my draft date.
I'll study until I get better,I won't stop my research - but I need you to help me
and I'm sorry if that ain't convincing you enough,English is not my first language.
ofek960
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: starting with nothing

Post by WallShadow on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 am
([msg=75251]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

ofek960 wrote:Hello

Welcome ofek,

ofek960 wrote:I know ASM and C a little bit

First thing that i'd recommend is knowing a language and knowing it well. C is a really good starting point. Learn it and master the basics, then learn how to make it useful for all sorts of things.

ofek960 wrote:serve in the army as a Hacker.

hackers don't serve in the army, soldiers serve in the army. hackers serve in the gov and fed. though as far as i've heard, their pay is pretty bad compared to the private sector.

ofek960 wrote:English is not my first language.

Your english is fine. In fact, i couldn't tell you're a non-native english speaker until you wrote that.

If you really want to learn, you need to find a topic of hacking or programming that you really enjoy or are interested in and research it until you can easily use it. Since you have started from C and ASM, i'd recommend something client side like exploits, priviledge escalation, crypto maybe, and fun stuff like dll hooks and rootkits.

If you can, join us in IRC on the channel #coffeesh0p. We're always discussing something there so you might find something of interest.

- WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ofek960 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:03 am
([msg=75252]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

Thank you for the replay I appreciate it very much.
Hackers serve in the army as soldiers in an elite unit that you have no information on it because it is top secret
I'm from Israel so I'm very familiar with the things that I say about ''serving as a Hacker".
I would definitely use your advice and I'll join your channel.
Thank you again. :)
ofek960
New User
New User

Post by brutal_hacker on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:07 pm
([msg=75255]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:
ofek960 wrote:
hackers don't serve in the army, soldiers serve in the army. hackers serve in the gov and fed. though as far as i've heard, their pay is pretty bad compared to the private sector.

Yes they do your hand picked. I have spoken to ex army members who learnt some hacking fundamentals in the army. They did know the basics and advanced parts tho. So its about what and who you know

To the OP, You said your learning network management? Easiest way to get this is to get your CCNA. (job wise its well respected) Im just giving you somewhere to start as you seem to be having problems progressing.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certi ... index.html

Read up on it get a book get started.

What operating system are you using. Have you tried pentesting. Have you tried application hacking? There are many aspects of hacking. Pick a field you love at the moment and go down that route. Its easy to get lost.
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:24 pm
([msg=75260]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

A little off topic here, but next time you should be careful not to share your session id. Next time just cut '&sid=' and everything after it like so
Code: Select all
https://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=9726

It's very unlikely someone could steal your session like this, but to be on the safe side, I suppose it's worth doing.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by RiptideTempora on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 am
([msg=75306]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:

A little off topic here, but next time you should be careful not to share your session id. Next time just cut '&sid=' and everything after it like so

It's very unlikely someone could steal your session like this, but to be on the safe side, I suppose it's worth doing.

Your recommendation is correct, but if HTS doesn't have any protection mechanisms for session hijacking, I would be very disappoint
RiptideTempora
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 am
([msg=75307]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

RiptideTempora wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:

Your recommendation is correct, but if HTS doesn't have any protection mechanisms for session hijacking, I would be very disappoint

I actually created a cookie stealer in the past here, and was able to hijack a few accounts..
However, I was limited to only having control over their account on the forums. Since then, hts said they have added some additional security features to help fend off session hijacking.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by limdis on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm
([msg=75366]see Re: starting with nothing[/msg])

Ninjex did some fine work with this. But this is why we encourage hacking the site.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to NZone