Cheat Engine

Bad threads go here

Cheat Engine

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:42 am
([msg=74373]see Cheat Engine[/msg])

ok so I got this program and I can use it to change numbers on screen in a game.

however the numbers I can change are only visible representations of the real numbers the game uses and as such, nothing changes except the visual number the game still thinks all my numbers are what they were before I edited them.

so I tried the features to see what writes to the XP bar to help it gain XP and the game says there was a problem and it needs to quit.

no doubt some cheat protection thingy, if I could just find out what writes to the XP region I could change it to always write tons of XP.. hard part is finding say line in the code.

any advice?
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cheat Engine

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 am
([msg=74374]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

The changes you are making are client side, and you would need to change things server side to make any permanent change. This would most definitely go against their ToS, and is possibly illegal, thus HTS would like to warn you that pursuing any illegal actions or actions against a ToS can result in negative consequences. However, for educational purposes I would suggest looking at how a game works. Look in to why it uses a client and pulls information from a server. Also, note that your "cheat engine" is cheating you, not the game.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 pm
([msg=74383]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

what do you mean 'cheating me' ? can you clarify that point?
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 pm
([msg=74384]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

poltergeistfuckhead wrote:what do you mean 'cheating me' ? can you clarify that point?

he's referring to the fact that you have poor morals if you are willing to cheat the game just to be better than everyone. don't think of it too much, most don't.

btw, you never did mention whether this is an online game or local side single player game, please tell.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 am
([msg=74385]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:
poltergeistfuckhead wrote:what do you mean 'cheating me' ? can you clarify that point?

he's referring to the fact that you have poor morals if you are willing to cheat the game just to be better than everyone. don't think of it too much, most don't.

btw, you never did mention whether this is an online game or local side single player game, please tell.

It's an online game,

I want to hack it cause they made it frustratingly difficult to level up in it, I'd be lucky to get 1 level a week, and theres 40 levels to go till the cap.

see.. I played MMOs legitimately before and I made a character that I was really happy with the performance of. then NCSoft shut down that game so I now want to continue playing a fully powered character but I have to make one like such in a new game.. it took years to get my former character just the way i like it, and now I am forced to start over? No I'd rather skip to the end thankyou.

it looks like I'll need to hack the server to get anything done, that or make a script that constantly sends the server a message that I killed an enemy.
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm
([msg=74390]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

hacking a server will be near impossible, especially if you're new. Cheat Engine certainly won't do the trick. Your best bet is to create a bot to simply farm for you 24/7, as that is much more legal, easier, and more incognito depending on you're perspective.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anarchy420x on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 pm
([msg=74391]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:

I actually was not referring to poor morals; I was referring to the fact that it made him believe he could cheat, but in reality only changed client side information without altering any server side information. Basically, he got tricked while trying to trick the system.

Moreover, wallshadow is right, a bot would be a better way to go about it. Chances are you can find on online or at elitepvpers. Depending on the game you play there are some client side hacks that will transfer to server side; for example, Conquer Online has a speed boost ability, but it can be given to any character with the use of a simple program. As stated in an earlier topic that I won't dredge up, a lot of important information is stored multiple times on a server to prevent hacking, but less profitable games it's not fiscally efficient to do that with all information.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:33 am
([msg=74403]see Re: Cheat Engine[/msg])

poltergeistfuckhead wrote:

It's an online game,

I want to hack it cause they made it frustratingly difficult to level up in it, I'd be lucky to get 1 level a week, and theres 40 levels to go till the cap.

They why even bother playing? Also, locked.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to Graveyard