Basic Mission 9

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 9

Post by blackprince491 on Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 pm
([msg=2975]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

but thats the point you need to be able to think a lil on your own
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by smn_shafqat on Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 pm
([msg=2993]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

i want to learn hacking add me and plz teach me smn_shafqat@yahoo.com

EDIT: Please do not use the mission forums as your personal, "begging for a mentor" topic.
smn_shafqat
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 pm
([msg=3025]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

smn_shafqat wrote:i want to learn hacking add me and plz teach me smn_shafqat@yahoo.com

ok this is what makes me angry i want to tell you to read this first

bjvanwash wrote:So you want to know how to hack huh?
Do you want us to hack something for you?
Do you need the answers for missions on hackthissite.org?

Well guess what? It's not gonna happen!!!

I'm sick and tired of reading 5 threads in a day and hearing someone say in each one, "how do I hack this?", "hack this for me", "I'm a newbie, what are the answers?"

SUCK IT UP AND LEARN!!!

We all started out just like you. I started out on hackthissite.org in 2004 learning more and more each day by researching. That is the key. Google should be your best friend.

You know, it has been 4 years since I started out on here, and I would not consider myself a "hacker". Yeah I may know a lot more than I used to, I may be able to crack some passwords here and there, but that took time. When I first created my username and password through hackthissite.org, I hardly ever used the forums. If I had a question about something, I researched it; through the forums, articles, and google. Most of the time I found someone who had posted a topic in the forums that was very similar to my problem. That's what you should do. Search everywhere and anywhere for your answer before you post a new topic. The HTS community is sick of it. If you post something such as, "will you hack blahblahblah.com for me?" you will be ignored or yelled at for it. TRUST ME!

Hacking is not about breaking passwords. It's not about defacing somebody's website/webpage. It's not about creating viruses and sending them to people to see how many files you can destroy. Hacking is about security and how you can make it better (white hat hacking). It's about learning on your own, learning from your mistakes, learning from other people's mistakes, and researching. There are so many vulnerabilities out there these days and as the government is concerned, hackers are dangerous. Give "hackers" a good name by finding vulnerable systems with solutions to make it better.

-- If possible, I would like this to be stickied. Thank you. --
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by jimbroof on Fri May 23, 2008 12:59 pm
([msg=3091]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

So I thought I had already tried doing this the correct way as one of my initial attempts, since I just spent about an hour trying to find a way around it. Out of desperation I tried again and it worked. Sigh.
jimbroof
New User
New User

Post by rip06 on Sat May 24, 2008 6:26 am
([msg=3138]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

okay I read all the posts and made all the other basic missions but this one grrr...

do i need to execute 2 commands at one line or..??

I really need help to solve this so i can get on with the Extbasic missions. :roll:
rip06
New User
New User

Post by stubbee101 on Sat May 24, 2008 8:09 am
([msg=3141]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

rip06 wrote:okay I read all the posts and made all the other basic missions but this one grrr...

do i need to execute 2 commands at one line or..??

I really need help to solve this so i can get on with the Extbasic missions. :roll:

Check out what DeKitten wrote on page three. People keep quoting him for a reason.
You know how to run the correct commands because you just did it with Basic 8. Very little is different for Basic 9, except this time you want to add something in to tell it to go back even more.
stubbee101
New User
New User

Post by Dreeeder34 on Sun May 25, 2008 12:13 am
([msg=3175]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

OK, I have working on this mission, and I know I must be over thinking this. I would like to know if anyone can put me on the right track of thinking, or try to interpret the hint (two ../ in a row) in a different way. Any input wonder be appreciated.
Dreeeder34
New User
New User

Post by thingamejig on Sun May 25, 2008 4:47 am
([msg=3186]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

I hope I'm not just bing a big idiot but is the mission bugged? I registered a fresh account and tried level 8 exactly the same way as i completed it before, and i got the same problems I am suddenly having with level 9. Certan.. things i need are being html escaped. The mision clue doesn't seem to talk about that kind of filter so can someone just confirm whether or not the mission is bugged or not? If its not I just need to alter my approach but right now it seems like nothing at all can execute like expected..
thingamejig
New User
New User

Post by thashika on Sun May 25, 2008 12:07 pm
([msg=3194]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

I have created submit place similar to level 8, but couldnt get the info out from it..
give me a clue, do i want to insert some cords in to the HTML page... pls hint me (PM), not the answer .. thanks
;)

<!--EDIT--> Use the level 8 as a to find a pw file.. it was ez.. think bit..url..coding..and D********** T **********
Last edited by thashika on Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thashika
New User
New User

Post by stubbee101 on Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 pm
([msg=3237]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

you dont need to create one for this you need to find an existing one
stubbee101
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard