Basic Mission 9

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 9

Post by nosidius on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:05 pm
([msg=9327]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

i did 8, i know what command i need, and i know what needs to be added in (i think) and the command to add it, and it still gives me the damn security message, and yes, i researched, and tried multiple things, going so far as to include other missions stuff (such as &&, no idea if this is right, but please change if u need to)

anyway, i did the same as mission *, and tried including the document.......... if there's a specific thing i'm doing wrong, please pm me!
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Phyroxis on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 am
([msg=9438]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Those of you who still dont get it.. Something that is absolutely critical: BE SPECIFIC. More specific than you were with 8.
Phyroxis
New User
New User

Post by Galadirith on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:48 pm
([msg=9821]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

To follow what Phyroxis said, it is vitally important to check your syntax, you will almost definatly have typed the correct command already, however the mission will only accept a specifc input, I know I had used the correct command about 10 times previously but simply with incorrect syntax. So your killing yourself thinking, oh I know this is the rite command, and you will be rite, but what things could you change about it, only minor things that dont change its actual meaning to you, hope thats not much said :D
Galadirith
New User
New User

Post by Camaray on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:59 am
([msg=9970]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Okay this took me over a day & I still think that as easy as the solution is, it's really not. I think we are definitely over thinking this one. When it comes to finding the right directory, be specific but don't be "overly" specific! I was trying to get to a place that was to precise, once I read...and tried so make variations my head hurt, I stopped & simplified my command directions. Just keep you mind focused on what mission you are in, that's the whole point, and the most relevant one in the end.
Camaray
New User
New User

Post by RedMorkai on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 am
([msg=9975]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

then think very clearly on what you are typing. It came to me in about 10 minutes of staring at the wording
RedMorkai
New User
New User

Post by supalozmanc on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm
([msg=10133]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

I have finished this mission, and a lot easier than the level 8 one. however i am not sure i did it the correct way, as reading through the forums, i get the impression that people were doing things that i did not!
if someone who knows what the score is would feel like discussing this mission with me, i can see if i did it correctly
supalozmanc
New User
New User

Post by karial on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:21 am
([msg=10175]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

blackprince491 wrote:you are on the right track but you need to define exactly where you want to go... think about it

oh wow... dude... thats so unbeleivably simple... even though things come to some more than others, this is pretty simple for me, and i'm as simple as they come lol.

*slaps forehead*

~~Hint~~

when people say ../../ is extremly close, they're not kidding.

i know people hate it when others repeat the same thing over and over, but hey, i don't wanna get any warnings lol. its the best clue you'll ever get without being told the answer :geek:
karial
New User
New User

Post by Denisr on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 am
([msg=10183]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

The_Rebellion wrote:wait..... if you do the directory up thing once, it reads off the files in 8/tmp. if you do it twice, wont it show you the things in the direcotry 8? If i post a spoiler in here, sorry i am just thinking aloud. I have to type to think and its easier when ppl can see it and help me. You would need to change it so the name thing reads from 9/tmp. I get stuck there because i dont know how to chage the directory it reads.

This was the thing that made it click for me.

Think about it. If going back once (../) takes you back to 8/tmp where does going back twice (../../) take you to? And where do you have to go from there
Denisr
New User
New User

Post by tantricMeta on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:32 am
([msg=10195]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

this mission is good took me almost 60 minutes to solve it
tantricMeta
New User
New User

Post by myhackgo on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 am
([msg=10249]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

basically you have to use Basic 8 to help you execute command because in 9 there only password box.

i think there a typo in the description
The script finds the first occurance of '<--', and looks to see what follows directly after it. If it matches "#exec cmd="ls"-->" or "#exec cmd="ls /home/xec96/public_html/missions/basic/8/"-->" it accepts it. If it does not match any of the situations above, then it kicks the user out.

because of this i alway start the code with
Code: Select all
<--
but in order to execute the code it have to be
Code: Select all
<!--

that waste alot of my time.
myhackgo
New User
New User

PreviousNext