Basic Mission 9

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 9

Post by VFIX on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:09 am
([msg=8748]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

ShijeFace wrote:VFIX,

First, don't post multiple times with the same exact thing on every post. aka Spamming.
Second, don't type in all capital letters. It gets REALLY annoying to read after a while.

sorry for that take care for this in future
VFIX
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by nazgjunk on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:23 am
([msg=8762]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Okay, I'm redoing the basic missions after not having touched them for several years.

I've got one little hint: the filtering info on l9 is nonsense. It's perfectly untrue, and outdated at that.

Thank you for listening.
"Bi-la Kaifa"
A good evening. Do not attempt to adjust your radio, there is nothing wrong. We have taken control as to bring you this special show, and we will return it to you as soon as you are grooving.
nazgjunk
New User
New User

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:33 am
([msg=8763]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

VFIX wrote:I M SURE THIS WILL NOT BE A SPOILER :roll:
GUYS TO CRACK BASIC 9 U HAVE EXACTLY SIMULATE THE WHOLE SITUATION ON YOUR PC(RECOMMENDED LINUX/UNIX BASED)
HERE IS HOW I SIMULATED THE WHOLE SITUATION

1.CREATED A DIRECTORY NAMED basic.
2.CREATED TWO MORE DIRECTORIES NAMED 8 , 9 INSIDE DIRECTORY basic
3.CREATED DIRECTORY NAMED tmp INSIDE DIRECTORY 8,AND CREATED DIRECTORY NAMED jackpot INSIDE DIRECTOR 9
4.STARTED MY LINUX TERMINAL(SHELL) AND REACHED TO DIRECTORY tmp FROM THE ROOT DIRECTORY [NOW THIS IS THE EXACTLY SAME SITUATION AS OF BASIC 9].

FROM HERE TRY TO LIST THE CONTENT OF DIRECTORY 9 BY TYPING COMMAND .WHEN U GET THAT DESIRED OUTPUT
JUST WRAP THAT PARTICULAR COMMAND IN SSI SYNTAX AND U WILL BE ABLE TO CRACK THIS MISSION :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Are you retarded? Stop spamming and telling people to do ridiculous things to solve basic missions. This mission is to teach you that sometimes if you want to hack one page you need to use another. In a site, all the pages are connected via the server. Find a decent vuln on one page, and you can do what you want with another page. (This is used a lot in the Real missions)
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by Antidote_Trixter on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:02 pm
([msg=8780]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

he he i must say this one is a nice thing ..........

Explanation in parts ............
IF u ve read all the pages and entered to read what i type - i guess u would ve the following knowledge in ur brains already :lol:

1) ../../ - tis is to go up directories
2) cmd="ls /home/xec96/public_html/missions/basic/8/ --- important part . Its an example which shows how u can climb the directory structure ... what 1) ie ../../ it moves up the directories (shortcut without having you to type the entire pathname )
well u can read about ABSOULTE AND RELATIVE PATHNAMES in UNIX !

http://www.december.com/unix/tutor/filesystem.html

what more .. U understand the use of input of ssi commands which most would ve during mission 8 :D ... And if u have solved mission 8 and u understood pathnames - mission 9 would be a cake walk since ../../ is already told :twisted:

hope tis helps :)
Antidote_Trixter
New User
New User

Post by grickson on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:20 am
([msg=8932]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

omg this took me about an hour to figure out. hints: yes, you will need to use the same type of command from level 8 and the ../ is used more than once. if it doesnt work, its because you have not pointed the command to the right direction on where to go, meaning it isn't complete. when the click "here" shows up, click on it and check if it looks the same as level 8, and if it doesn't...then maybe your onto something!
hope my hint isn't too confusing..
grickson
New User
New User

Post by grickson on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 am
([msg=8933]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Antidote_Trixter wrote:he he i must say this one is a nice thing ..........

Explanation in parts ............
IF u ve read all the pages and entered to read what i type - i guess u would ve the following knowledge in ur brains already :lol:

1) ../../ - tis is to go up directories
2) cmd="ls /home/xec96/public_html/missions/basic/8/ --- important part . Its an example which shows how u can climb the directory structure ... what 1) ie ../../ it moves up the directories (shortcut without having you to type the entire pathname )

this helped me a lot..
Last edited by grickson on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grickson
New User
New User

Post by VFIX on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 pm
([msg=8957]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

mutants_r_us_guild wrote:
VFIX wrote:I M SURE THIS WILL NOT BE A SPOILER :roll:
GUYS TO CRACK BASIC 9 U HAVE EXACTLY SIMULATE THE WHOLE SITUATION ON YOUR PC(RECOMMENDED LINUX/UNIX BASED)
HERE IS HOW I SIMULATED THE WHOLE SITUATION

1.CREATED A DIRECTORY NAMED basic.
2.CREATED TWO MORE DIRECTORIES NAMED 8 , 9 INSIDE DIRECTORY basic
3.CREATED DIRECTORY NAMED tmp INSIDE DIRECTORY 8,AND CREATED DIRECTORY NAMED jackpot INSIDE DIRECTOR 9
4.STARTED MY LINUX TERMINAL(SHELL) AND REACHED TO DIRECTORY tmp FROM THE ROOT DIRECTORY [NOW THIS IS THE EXACTLY SAME SITUATION AS OF BASIC 9].

FROM HERE TRY TO LIST THE CONTENT OF DIRECTORY 9 BY TYPING COMMAND .WHEN U GET THAT DESIRED OUTPUT
JUST WRAP THAT PARTICULAR COMMAND IN SSI SYNTAX AND U WILL BE ABLE TO CRACK THIS MISSION :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Are you retarded? Stop spamming and telling people to do ridiculous things to solve basic missions. This mission is to teach you that sometimes if you want to hack one page you need to use another. In a site, all the pages are connected via the server. Find a decent vuln on one page, and you can do what you want with another page. (This is used a lot in the Real missions)

dude first of all sorry for spamming but believe me it was unintentional as i was not paying attention on message that" your post has been sent to moderator..........................." so i thought that i may be not posting properly

and for ur second comment i hav to say one thing "u dont got my point i was just tellin to simulate the situation not to create exact situation"
VFIX
New User
New User

Post by VFIX on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:34 pm
([msg=8958]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Are you retarded? Stop spamming and telling people to do ridiculous things to solve basic missions. This mission is to teach you that sometimes if you want to hack one page you need to use another. In a site, all the pages are connected via the server. Find a decent vuln on one page, and you can do what you want with another page. (This is used a lot in the Real missions)[/quote]

and mutants_r_us_guild one more thing i didnt disscuss the "page dependency" because cause that was the basic requirement and could be easily figured out even by a person like me
VFIX
New User
New User

Post by dahbossontop on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 pm
([msg=9071]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

well ppl remember the ../../ there is no space between then read.... http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/758#9

when you are executing the command you gotta tell them where you want to go. remember this is 9. and you are in the mission 8 page so where do you want to go? what mission are you working on?

after you will see the file and its just basic. remember YOU ARE WORKING ON 9 ... MISSION 9 NOT 8
dahbossontop
New User
New User

Post by ruiner0 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:16 pm
([msg=9146]see Re: Basic Mission 9[/msg])

Ok hey everyone I just wanted to know if someone could pm me about this mission so i can be sure im on the right path. Thx :D
ruiner0
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard