Basic Mission 8

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by 134xt3r on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:29 pm
([msg=12134]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I just realized that heaps of people are complaining about how to get back to where they were, without undoing things.
I haven't completed this yet, but I think that directory climbing (/../) could be useful.
134xt3r
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by ilpadrone on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:26 pm
([msg=12212]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

wow this one is actually pretty hard this is literally my second day studying HTML UNIX SSI and i thought i was doing pretty well since i got this far i just can seem to figure out how to properly manipulate the SSI code to be relevant to this mission im getting the message that says im on the right track but im not sure if i am because every else seems to be talking about using ls i thought we were supposed to be using SSI not UNIX or do we need both and if so can some one please give me a hint on how to manipulate my code properly im quite lost
Ghostly
ilpadrone
New User
New User

Post by Animan06 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:18 pm
([msg=12214]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

yah... everyone who has said "oh this was easyier that i thought! once i fgured it out!" is a lier.. the whole thing that makes this hard is that it takes a while to figure it out... now im going to give a hint that would have helped me a TON if i had seen is..

as everyone has said, you must remember what you did in #7 and u must know how to use SSI.

again, what people have mentioned is something involving "../", for that just look near the bottom of this page: http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uls.htm

if you are just stuck on the page where it gives a looooong list of .shtml's then you need to examine your command and read the page linked above

and if you are stuck in the very beginning, and keep getting the errors saying that it wont let you because someone may use a nasty command, etc., then you need to examine what command you are using.
hint: (and this has already been mentioned somewhere in this forum) you need to execute a command with SSI

P.S. to admin: all of this info i have found on different posts in this thread, im just compiling them into one post, so i hope its not considered a spoiler
Animan06
New User
New User

Post by PeeMan on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:57 am
([msg=12238]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

My hint would be to check out the instructions in Mission 9, it actually helps I think...
PeeMan
New User
New User

Post by Roebuc on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:38 am
([msg=12320]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

This is actually a very educational lesson to all those going through it now. I had to remember how do something using SSI, I came back to this mission and forum because I remembered it teaching me some basics. This is a site that might also help. http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/SSI.html
Roebuc
New User
New User

Post by jl51392 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:43 pm
([msg=12408]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

hey if you got this far and still need help try looking for the tag
<hml>is the tag for a web page find the one for ssi
jl51392
New User
New User

Post by hellomynameishacker on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm
([msg=12538]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

if you can see all the tmp files you're over thinking, your ssi code is almost correct just read the other posts and check this page out: http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uls.htm
hellomynameishacker
New User
New User

Post by angeldontkill on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:55 am
([msg=12576]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

foooooooooo!!! i've done..!!after couple of hours!!.....
angeldontkill
New User
New User

Post by patrician on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:09 pm
([msg=12676]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Okay ladies and gents,

I have been using Linux since 1996 and this particular challenge made me feel really silly... think simple really damn simple.
patrician
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 pm
([msg=15782]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Well, here is some help for those, who still haven't passed:

As the description of the exam says, you will need some SSI (alias Server Side Include) knowledge to solve the problem.
There's only one command that is enabled, so you will have to find out, which one.

First of all, if one that you try doesn't work, try to figure out, if there was some other method of typing it in (e.g. using only those space-characters that are necessary).

If you've found the correct command and way to enter it, think about changing the directory. When you got it, you'll be done easily.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard