Basic Mission 7

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 7

Post by amiracle on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 am
([msg=11571]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I found this as the password, but still can't use it to win the level. I type it in the Submit box and it says incorrect password.

f866d6b9

What am I doing wrong?
amiracle
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by MrJonn on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 pm
([msg=11614]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

When asking what you're doing wrong, a good idea is to tell us what you're doing in the first place... without being spoilerish of course!

Feel free to PM me with what you're doing if you so wish :)
MrJonn
New User
New User

Post by Bk0k on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 pm
([msg=11644]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Ahem...bit torrent e-books on said subjects help a lot. Free. Information. Fingertips. Embrace love and use.

Helps me understand a little more n depth what it is I'm doing without 'guessing'. When I guess, I more easily forget what I did.

And I smoke ALOT OF WEED, so forgetting is a problem.

By the way...this shit's better than any computer game ever. Horns up. \m/

>|:7~ .Bk0k.
Get EyeQ. Get language "Bibles". Get strong coffee. Get curious. Execute.

>|:7~ .Bk0k
Bk0k
New User
New User

Post by kurcaci on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:14 am
([msg=11709]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Micahel_867 wrote:finally did it. Never would have gotten it if it wasn't for a huge spoiler someone put that I guess is alright to mention(starting with ';'). I guess the reason it works is because it makes the program think it's finished with that line of code, and now starting a new set of instructions after the ';'? If that is the case, none of the hints really hint at it.

Thanks bro...
the clue that you gave has helped me finishing this mission.... :P
kurcaci
New User
New User

Post by ilpadrone on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 pm
([msg=12137]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

ok please help iv always wanted to get into this just never knew where to start and this web site rock i know the unix commands and i know how to input them both at once the seperate screen comes up with the list of file but i have no clue what next is how do i open the files or how do i use them to get the password please help have looked all through this thread????
Ghostly
ilpadrone
New User
New User

Post by UbiquitousWolf on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:20 am
([msg=12152]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

New postby ilpadrone on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:39 pm
ok please help iv always wanted to get into this just never knew where to start and this web site rock i know the unix commands and i know how to input them both at once the seperate screen comes up with the list of file but i have no clue what next is how do i open the files or how do i use them to get the password please help have looked all through this thread????

Alright so if you see the files then your on the right track. Now all you have to do is think back on how you accomplished mission 3. This is similar to that so get on it and if you have anymore questions pm someone else :lol: jk you can pm if you want 8-)
I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
UbiquitousWolf
New User
New User

Post by Zelth on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm
([msg=12289]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Like UbiquitousWolf said, remember in Basic 3, where you found a file in the source code, and you need to open that file. It's the same thing here, so the only challenge in this mission is actually to find the files, which you already did :D
Z~Epsilon
Newbie Programmer
Learned: HTML, XHTML, CSS
Learning: PHP, C++
Zelth
Poster
Poster

Post by 23minds on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:46 pm
([msg=12403]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

...Sigh...
Okay, so I made it through the unix code and found something at the bottom of the calendar, but now I have no idea what to do with it.
Now, y'all mentioned that using this thingy is like what happened mission 3, but I'm really not making the connection.
I'm pretty sure it's obvious (everything else so far has been once I understood it), but I could use some more help.
Although any more help probably falls into spoilerville...
What am I missing?
Thanks. :)
23minds
New User
New User

Post by UbiquitousWolf on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:47 pm
([msg=12410]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Post by 23minds on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:46 pm
...Sigh...
Okay, so I made it through the unix code and found something at the bottom of the calendar, but now I have no idea what to do with it.
Now, y'all mentioned that using this thingy is like what happened mission 3, but I'm really not making the connection.
I'm pretty sure it's obvious (everything else so far has been once I understood it), but I could use some more help.
Although any more help probably falls into spoilerville...
What am I missing?
Thanks. :)

Well first thing I see you missing is remembering how you finish things. If you really must be told more then it will be a spoiler because there is nothing else to say. If you must then go back and complete mission 3 again and see how you got from point A to point B. That's about as much as I can aid you because like I said anything else would spoil the mission.
I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
UbiquitousWolf
New User
New User

Post by CaptC00L on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:45 am
([msg=12425]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

OK i have finished this pretty easy if you've ever worked w/ dos commands. My question is how would we know that UNIX commands would work in the box? Is it because of the .php in the source, or the .pl extension, or is it always accessible through UNIX? I would have had no idea unless it was in the description header, or the forums. I'd like to know. Thanks.
CaptC00L
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard