Basic Mission 7

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 7

Post by EWizard on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:50 am
([msg=10181]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I found how to use the command but I can't figure out how to use it along with the command issued by pressing the ''view'' thingy... can someone pinpoint me to a site were I can learn about it or pm me without spoiling?
EWizard
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by badcat on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:29 am
([msg=10186]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Gosh i'm lost.

What is UNIX?? I've googled it to death but it makes no sense to me.

Is my computer linked to unix?

I've typed unix codes into the box but just get a blank page.

Where am I going wrong?

Tks
badcat
New User
New User

Post by badcat on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:37 am
([msg=10187]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

wow, next go I got it.

It's all here innit
badcat
New User
New User

Post by Buddha195 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:54 pm
([msg=10388]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Ok so i have found all of this stuff at the end of the calender, do i need to put something in the url to get the password?
because i have placed all of the useless stuff at the end of the calender at the end of the url but the only thing that happens is that i get revereted back to the website with some joke like "this url has combusted"
Buddha195
New User
New User

Post by BrotherAmai on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:40 am
([msg=10419]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I actually had a weird bug for quite some time.
After finding the "obscure file" and opening it I was given a password,
but the password I was given was rejected repeatedly.
After about half an hour of exploring the web I tried again, and was given a new password which was accepted.

I do not know if this is a known bug, or if I confused the site by waiting to long and being auto-logged-out, and then accessing pages through my history that I was not authorized to be in, or if perhaps the "obscure file" was updated before the script accepting passwords was updated, or the password it checked against was updated.

Anyway, by exiting out of my browser (firefox 3), going back in, logging in again, and then redoing the entire exercise I was able to continue. Hope that helps some people who get stuck.
BrotherAmai
New User
New User

Post by iHackU234 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:07 am
([msg=10434]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Wow, this was the first one i had to look at the forums for. I just don't know anything about Unix commands lol. I figured out the command and all, just had no idea how to input it. For those who are looking in the most recent posts, read page 3...
iHackU234
New User
New User

Post by M0s3s on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 pm
([msg=10568]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I didnt read all 17 pages before this, so sorry if someone already posted this. I've already finished this mission but in the process i found this interesting page that happened to have the whole coding for the exercise, most of it is just dealing with the calendar portion, if anyone else wants to see it it is: ;cat cal.pl doubt if this is a spoiler, or if it really important just thought i should bring it up
M0s3s
New User
New User

Post by General Optix on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:34 am
([msg=10575]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Okay first you must get a list up of all the relevant SSI commands

This website will help:
http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uls.htm#01

Now you have found the correct SSI command which shows the PARENT directory, you must understand the format in which it needs to be entered into the form.

For that, this website will help:
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/SSI.html

Remember, you are trying to execute your command.
General Optix
New User
New User

Post by K45P3R on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:10 pm
([msg=10733]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

im sure some people already have put up better advice but there are Alot that haven't got it, so let me try and explain
the calendar field you type in is input for the year you want to see, then when you hit view it's executing said linux command...So if you were to put lets say the year 2008 followed by the linux command that allow you to do a second command same line followed by the command that searches directory...it would come out with a calendar followed by a list of directories, one of which having the PW in it. these are called BASIC missions, if you cant figure it out then you really shouldn't be at a site called "hackthissite" should you? I suck at SQL so I spent a few nights learning enough to get through some basic security holes. learn the commands then come back.
K45P3R
New User
New User

Post by mrcbastidas on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:03 am
([msg=10744]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

ok so i am new to this whole thing. ok so i got the list of like five directories or files now how do i get in them to get the password
mrcbastidas
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard