Basic Mission 6

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by blackprince491 on Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 pm
([msg=2744]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

http://www.asciitable.com/

make friends with it
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by s0uL77 on Sun May 18, 2008 4:11 pm
([msg=2771]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

keep on trying guys :D
s0uL77
New User
New User

Post by EN3RGY on Mon May 19, 2008 8:49 am
([msg=2807]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

guys the description of the mission is telling everything .. html.. js .. and email adress ..
what else u need?
EN3RGY
New User
New User

Post by iaminfested on Mon May 19, 2008 2:06 pm
([msg=2815]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

yo, i did the start by trial and error but got stuck on a couple of symbols. the ascii table helped a lot with the 2 symbols but i didnt spend enough time working out why it worked, or what an ascii table is. basically ive done it but probabaly havent learned anything :(
iaminfested
New User
New User

Post by c24lightning on Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm
([msg=2830]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

iaminfested wrote:yo, i did the start by trial and error but got stuck on a couple of symbols. the ascii table helped a lot with the 2 symbols but i didnt spend enough time working out why it worked, or what an ascii table is. basically ive done it but probabaly havent learned anything :(

There's no "probably haven't learned anything" about it. You learned about ascii tables. If you completed the mission yourself, then you learned about the ascii table. It's simple encryption showing you about a simple encryption method.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Post by Blood_Raven on Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 pm
([msg=2841]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

can sumone please shuv me in the general direction of how to program a file to do the decryption for me? i really wanna learn that kind of stuff than trial and error - would be useful to know. i would be grateful for anything - mayb a link??? Thanx
Blood_Raven
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Mon May 19, 2008 8:52 pm
([msg=2849]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Iv done all the basic missions but yeah i still wanna learn how to do a program for that if anyone could help me there
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by c24lightning on Wed May 21, 2008 2:47 pm
([msg=2922]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

For the people who want to beat the mission via a program instead of trial and error: you have to know the encryption method, how the ascii table works, and so on. If you don't know those, you can't make a program.

I suggest you first beat the mission by trial (it wouldn't be "and error" if you know what you're doing), then after you know exactly what's happening with the encryption, try to make a program. I'm no programming genius (pretty much only web based), but I bet it would be something to do with i++
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Post by alboz on Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 am
([msg=3078]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

You could find the answer to this mission by simply downloading a decryption program where you put in the password you want
and decrypt it (dunno if it works)

But if you really wanna learn, I suggest you learn about cryptography and persistence, and after that use your brain to decrypt the password or you could just use that table as a little help.
alboz
New User
New User

Post by alboz on Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 am
([msg=3086]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Actually you just need to find its algorithm, there are different types of algorithms but this is a easy one...

type a password with so many letters as Sam's encrypted password and then encrypt it, and try to see the changes...

you just might need a pen and paper to hold control of your letters and to see the changes, and the ASCII table for the difficult letters.
alboz
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard