Basic Mission 6

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by DeKitten on Sun May 04, 2008 3:32 pm
([msg=2099]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

For the newbie's who aren't familar with encryption I'll give you a little intro. Encryption can be done in different ways. The most common used is when the ascii values are changed. You can look up ascii characters online. You need to figure out how they've been changed to change it back to the original. Use the encryption part to figure this out. Once you see the pattern reverse it on the encrypted password given. That's as much info as I can give you. Good luck.
DeKitten
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by meandmyself on Sat May 10, 2008 4:37 pm
([msg=2214]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

use ascii and basic math (addition and subtraction for finding the pattern)
meandmyself
New User
New User

Post by josteele on Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm
([msg=2329]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

deathcritter wrote:i di what waffle cake did and just did one letter ata time every time till i had the whole unincripted password .
hackuin60s wrote:Obviously, this mission is very easy. You don't even need a pen and paper. Just need ASCII table.
However, I recommend you people to try accomplishing it with a program. It will be good practice and learn things out. Even if you understand this mission, what you need to do, it will be like cake to write a program. It is not necessary to write a program, actually this is for those people who are to learn, not to just accomplish the mission and ran over to points.

-Hackuin.

how would i go about writing a program for this i have no experience in hat kind of thing but thats exactly the stuff i wanna learn plz elaborate on how to write programs

i did the whole thing without an ascii table.PSif u need a hint for this mission dont do what i did lol. it taks a long time once u get into the symbols

I did the same thing too...There's no better teachers than the couple Mrs. Trial and Mr. Error. They are the mother and father of existence. It may take longer but you know exactly what the answer is and why....you should see the piece of paper i was writing on.
josteele
New User
New User

Post by Rapture333 on Tue May 13, 2008 3:09 pm
([msg=2368]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Where can I go to learn how to understand this??
Rapture333
New User
New User

Post by josteele on Tue May 13, 2008 5:47 pm
([msg=2383]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Rapture333 wrote:Where can I go to learn how to understand this??

You could 'google' cryptography and find out about cryptography (the basics) easily. But being I knew nothing of this topic prior to reading most of the sites and only learned a few small things from the basic tutorials I did read...I would suggest you use Logic. It is a test of logic no real need to use ASCii tables or any programs or anything like that. This is a test that a person who knows nothing about computers could still pass if they were truly passionate about passing it. Trust me, Im as NOOB as they get and I used the old T&E routine and came out feeling a little smarter.
josteele
New User
New User

Post by Rosos_Fotia on Tue May 13, 2008 9:49 pm
([msg=2395]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

crapers... im stuck on what equals = in abcdef=g and no its not my real one lol :P
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.
Why is abbreviation such a long word ?
Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and never succeed.
Rosos_Fotia
New User
New User

Post by novalyphe on Thu May 15, 2008 7:49 am
([msg=2506]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

There are already plenty of hints for this mission, just thought I would answer the questions that some of you have posted about how to complete this using programming.

I've just thrown together a quick perl script (only took literally a minute) and so anyone who has already completed this mission, feel free to PM me and I'll help talk you through it so that hopefully you can learn from it :D
novalyphe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Sh0cKz on Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 pm
([msg=2513]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

i did all of the letters and numbers and symbols except the last one...but im sure i wil work itout...soon
Sh0cKz
New User
New User

Post by josteele on Thu May 15, 2008 6:52 pm
([msg=2529]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Here's a hint: Try to find a way to see if your making progress!

Lets say you entered a code and it came back as an error: (which of course is the general problem). Wouldnt you like to know if you at least had one of the characters right. There is a way to do this ya know...Think about it.
josteele
New User
New User

Post by c24lightning on Sat May 17, 2008 8:50 am
([msg=2638]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Sh0cKz wrote:i did all of the letters and numbers and symbols except the last one...but im sure i wil work itout...soon

If you've done all of them except for the last, you should be able to get it extremely fast.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard